Photobucket Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Another faint sniff of the holy grail of Pontiacs!


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34636
Date:
Another faint sniff of the holy grail of Pontiacs!


I didn't want to distract from the location and news of 66 427  

but it reminded me of the 1965 Pontiac Parisienne Custom Sport 409 4 speed  reported on in 2009   

Nice photos   I will re-post  

Wondering how car is? Owner was on site 2 days ago    

The car was thought to be 1 of 2?



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34636
Date:

67ponch out did himself with this one,very rare find

heres the pictures he sent the registry


April 19th 1965     76637     409ci          A        (285 red)    Saskatchewan    link
#761551    Custom Sport 2dr hrdtp   M20   Tuxedo Black   %%   spot.67poncho



made almost a month after this one

March 23rd 1965  76637       409ci           A                   Alberta                 link
                  Custom Sport 2dr hrdtp   M20    Tuxedo Black     66grandguy


heres the pics
100_4649.jpg
100_4646.jpg
100_4647.jpg
100_4654.jpg
100_4650.jpg
100_4652.jpg
100_4648.jpg



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34636
Date:

http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/t39092214/just-in-time-for-halloween-its-alivealmost-65-409-car/

You Tube video from Oct 09



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34636
Date:

The reason I started this... 

was the reminder of the 409 hardtop that we have in the group ....        from the converstion of Holy Grail posting today

 

Whats more rare????  

65 Parisienne Custom Sport 409 V8 4 speed CONVERTIBLE!!!!!   1 of 4   

We have a member on this site from Ontario, who has 1 of these..... and his buddy has one as well....    

maybe some day he will share it....................................






-- Edited by 427carl on Tuesday 6th of December 2011 08:04:32 PM

__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 17148
Date:

No 425 HP in 65, at least that's what brochures and manuals say.  Of course I've posted one before. biggrin



__________________

BR%20Wedding_zpsuiajdlun.png

Ray White, Toronto ON

1973 LeMans 454 

Built March 9, 1973 - Oshawa ON

Tweet me @BigRaySays






Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4869
Date:

427carl wrote:

The reason I started this... 

was the reminder of the 409 hardtop that we have in the group ....        from the converstion of Holy Grail posting today

 

Whats more rare????  

65 Parisienne Custom Sport 409-425 4 speed CONVERTIBLE!!!!!   1 of 4   

We have a member on this site from Ontario, who has 1 of these..... and his buddy has one as well....    

maybe some day he will share it....................................



-- Edited by 427carl on Tuesday 6th of December 2011 07:02:52 PM


  the rag top does exist, I've seen it, but sworn to secrecy on its location!!! & it's A NICE CAR just wish he's drive it a bit instead of sitting!!!



__________________

I can only please one person a day, today is not your day!!! Tomorrow isn't looking  good either.   !!!!!!!! BLACKSTOCK Ont.



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34636
Date:




  the rag top does exist, I've seen it, but sworn to secrecy on its location!!! & it's A NICE CAR just wish he's drive it a bit instead of sitting!!!


         Well he does have a nice 2 door post driver!!    

        maybe someday we could arrange a tour for all the Ontario members..

         He said he'd provide the BBQ.....



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4869
Date:

Think the BBQ offer was for "you" Carl!! Guarantee you'll drop your jaw,when you see the collection, not many get to see them.

__________________

I can only please one person a day, today is not your day!!! Tomorrow isn't looking  good either.   !!!!!!!! BLACKSTOCK Ont.



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34636
Date:

Hes had some GTO memebrs there...   I'll bet he would let a few Poncho guys in....  maybe just you and I if the others don't want to go



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 17148
Date:

dualquadpete wrote:

Whats more rare????  

65 Parisienne Custom Sport 409-425 4 speed CONVERTIBLE!!!!!   1 of 4   

We have a member on this site from Ontario, who has 1 of these..... and his buddy has one as well....    

maybe some day he will share it....................................



-- Edited by 427carl on Tuesday 6th of December 2011 07:02:52 PM


  the rag top does exist, I've seen it, but sworn to secrecy on its location!!! & it's A NICE CAR just wish he's drive it a bit instead of sitting!!!


 Ok, so this is a dual quad 65 ?  These dual quad 65 had to be be dealer installed. 



__________________

BR%20Wedding_zpsuiajdlun.png

Ray White, Toronto ON

1973 LeMans 454 

Built March 9, 1973 - Oshawa ON

Tweet me @BigRaySays






A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34636
Date:

73SC wrote:
dualquadpete wrote:

Whats more rare????  

65 Parisienne Custom Sport 409-425 4 speed CONVERTIBLE!!!!!   1 of 4   

We have a member on this site from Ontario, who has 1 of these..... and his buddy has one as well....    

maybe some day he will share it....................................





  the rag top does exist, I've seen it, but sworn to secrecy on its location!!! & it's A NICE CAR just wish he's drive it a bit instead of sitting!!!


 Ok, so this is a dual quad 65 ?  These dual quad 65 had to be be dealer installed. 


 I changed my original post   409 4 speed conv   Have to check on the 2 carbs....  definetly a 1 of 4 car



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 17148
Date:

Ok, two 409's listed in 65 as follows:

 

65Pontiacengines-1.jpg



__________________

BR%20Wedding_zpsuiajdlun.png

Ray White, Toronto ON

1973 LeMans 454 

Built March 9, 1973 - Oshawa ON

Tweet me @BigRaySays






Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4869
Date:

single 4 bbl. carb. Ray!!! It's all stock & correct.

__________________

I can only please one person a day, today is not your day!!! Tomorrow isn't looking  good either.   !!!!!!!! BLACKSTOCK Ont.



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 17148
Date:

Very nice, so 400 HP 4 speed convertible, WOW.



__________________

BR%20Wedding_zpsuiajdlun.png

Ray White, Toronto ON

1973 LeMans 454 

Built March 9, 1973 - Oshawa ON

Tweet me @BigRaySays






A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34636
Date:

He told me he had  11 B-bodies and 10 GTOs and only one Pontiac Hot Rod



__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3359
Date:

Well worth restoring.



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34636
Date:

 

 

Sorry I was thinking of the convertible



-- Edited by 427carl on Wednesday 7th of December 2011 10:59:25 PM

__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3359
Date:

Well maybe a little tidying up - but what a great car.



__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3352
Date:

Any idea of the production dates of these 409 cars?  Still trying to figure when they stopped making them.



__________________

ken from northern Alberta

66 Grande Parisienne 396 with AC (built October 26 1965)

39 Buick (327 with 700 r4)

1960 Sunbeam Alpine

69 Chevy CST pickup
38 Willys pickup electric powered project

51 Airstream time machine portal

1976 GMC 23'  motorhome



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1689
Date:

are you trying to hint i should get off my but and finally get that engine done for a grudge match



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 32733
Date:

65wagon wrote:

are you trying to hint i should get off my but and finally get that engine done for a grudge match


 If he's not hinting, then I will!!!



__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34636
Date:

66 Grande guy wrote:

Any idea of the production dates of these 409 cars?  Still trying to figure when they stopped making them.


         The convertibles were all late builds  April 1965



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4869
Date:

427carl wrote:

He told me he had  11 B-bodies and 10 GTOs and only one Pontiac Hot Rod


 Guess he forgot about the 2 sedan deliverys,& the 53 Catalina 2dr. htp +++others!!!!!



__________________

I can only please one person a day, today is not your day!!! Tomorrow isn't looking  good either.   !!!!!!!! BLACKSTOCK Ont.



Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3352
Date:

427carl wrote:
66 Grande guy wrote:

Any idea of the production dates of these 409 cars?  Still trying to figure when they stopped making them.


         The convertibles were all late builds  April 1965


 Thanks Carl. I probably had heard that but had  forgotten.



__________________

ken from northern Alberta

66 Grande Parisienne 396 with AC (built October 26 1965)

39 Buick (327 with 700 r4)

1960 Sunbeam Alpine

69 Chevy CST pickup
38 Willys pickup electric powered project

51 Airstream time machine portal

1976 GMC 23'  motorhome



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 917
Date:

So I have a couple of questions: First, Pontiac ever put a 396 in a full size after the 409 like Chevy did? And what was the known last '65 Pontiac built with the 409? Me and a buddy were dicussing this today in his shop.He has a wealth of knowledge there on Chevy's but lacking a little in the mid to late Canadian Pontiac production figures.

__________________
"If you want sympathy- it's in the dictionary between syphilis and shit".
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
.
.
.