Photobucket Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: NOS 65 Full Size Hood Spear For Sale


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 33426
Date:
NOS 65 Full Size Hood Spear For Sale


I got this email from a friend---

Hey Carl

I have an NOS Canadian Pontiac Hood Spear.Never been on a car-very nice part# 65041-1 9779402.Wondering if you can post a pic on Canadian Poncho for me. $75 owns it and I will pay shipping as long as it is in Canada

Thanks

hood spear.jpg

Attachments
__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1346
Date:

What would shipping to australia be?



__________________

cutting a roof off a four door is NOT a convertible.....

65 Parisienne convertible project.



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 621
Date:

Pm Sent



__________________

65 Custom Sport Convertible

Southern Alberta



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 130
Date:

I would like to be in line on this one.

__________________

63 Grand Prix -needs restoration, 65 Catalina Ventura 4 speed - resto almost completed, 66 Catalina Convertible - at body shop



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 33426
Date:

Philip, I will check if he is willing to do that and get back to you.

Steve, I will put you next in line for it.

Brad, I will put you in line after Steve.

Thanks guys.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 33426
Date:

Philip, I called him and he says he's not keen on shipping to Australia. He's done it a couple of times and it hasn't worked out well for him. I'm sorry but I guess it won't happen.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3130
Date:

Carl Stevenson wrote:

Philip, I called him and he says he's not keen on shipping to Australia. He's done it a couple of times and it hasn't worked out well for him. I'm sorry but I guess it won't happen.


 

Really??  I shipped 4 power window regulators there years ago through Canada Post and it was no different than shipping in Canada.... and this is way smaller and lighter... I find it odd to say the least! Especially since it is a member....

If he doesn't want to ship, maybe someone else would do the honours... (if it were next to me, it would be done already) 



__________________

Vincent Jr.



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 33426
Date:

He hasn't been so fortunate. I'm just posting what he told me.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3130
Date:

Carl Stevenson wrote:

He hasn't been so fortunate. I'm just posting what he told me.


Oh, for sure..... As long as a quote of shipping is added into the total price, there shouldn't be a problem... Wonder if that was his issue? That's what I did with mine... prepaid.   

I just hate to see that happen if the part is really required by someone and that is the deciding factor...



-- Edited by 67Poncho on Wednesday 15th of March 2017 03:04:35 PM

__________________

Vincent Jr.



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1346
Date:

Not to worry..plenty in line and it won't go to waste!..I would pay shipping though.



-- Edited by koolconvertible on Wednesday 15th of March 2017 04:59:30 PM

__________________

cutting a roof off a four door is NOT a convertible.....

65 Parisienne convertible project.



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34716
Date:

67Poncho wrote:
Carl Stevenson wrote:

He hasn't been so fortunate. I'm just posting what he told me.


Oh, for sure..... As long as a quote of shipping is added into the total price, there shouldn't be a problem... Wonder if that was his issue? That's what I did with mine... prepaid.   

I just hate to see that happen if the part is really required by someone and that is the deciding factor...



-- Edited by 67Poncho on Wednesday 15th of March 2017 03:04:35 PM


         If he gets his price and the postage, why would he care where it went?   too bad for out Southern friend no



__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3483
Date:

Sounds like I'm real late on this one but just in case reserve me a spot in line.

Funny that he wouldn't ship if it was prepaid in full.

__________________
NOS


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1078
Date:

shipped to Australia several times. Australian Customs consider the shipping cost as part of the total cost for evaluation, 

Dale @ NOS



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 33426
Date:

Rather than derailing this thread further regarding shipping, I'll open a new "Shipping to Australia" thread.

-- Edited by Carl Stevenson on Wednesday 15th of March 2017 10:25:21 PM

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 33426
Date:

norontcan wrote:

Sounds like I'm real late on this one but just in case reserve me a spot in line.


Funny that he wouldn't ship if it was prepaid in full.





Hi Ted

Yes, I'd say at this point chances are slim but I'll keep you down as number 4 in line just the same. You never know.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 15191
Date:

If this is still available Carl, I will ship it to Philip.



__________________

Prince Edward Islandbug.gif

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 33426
Date:

Sorry, I forgot to post, he told me it's sold.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
.
.
.