Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: trunk colour


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 96
Date:
trunk colour


what is the colour inside a trunk is it splatter paint.thanks

 



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34383
Date:

No, it would be body colour, assuming it's on your 67 Beaumont.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3759
Date:

GM state side used splatter. GM Canada used body colour.

__________________
MC


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3393
Date:

What years/models used what?  I'm pretty sure that at least some of my Canadian GMs from the 1970s used spatter, but never really paid much attention to it back then.



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4823
Date:

MC wrote:

What years/models used what?  I'm pretty sure that at least some of my Canadian GMs from the 1970s used spatter, but never really paid much attention to it back then.


 Some Canadian GM cars were built on US lines so they got splatter paint



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34383
Date:

A while back this discussion came up regarding Beaumont's. It seems by reading this, the jury is out. Could be during 68 it changed from body colour? ---

canadianponcho.activeboard.com/t57479147/trunk-paint-color/

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1261
Date:

Carl Stevenson wrote:

No, it would be body colour, assuming it's on your 67 Beaumont.


 ....our 67 was originally Verde Green (GG) and you can see this color thru the burgundy in the truck area



__________________

......big block, 4 speed, bench seat, it doesn't get much better

 happy motoring :burnout



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 662
Date:

if the firewall is body colour the trunk is the same G M went to lauqer
paint in 1969 fire wall black like floor boards and they used splatter paint in the trunk

__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34383
Date:

bjburnout wrote:

Carl Stevenson wrote:

No, it would be body colour, assuming it's on your 67 Beaumont.


 ....our 67 was originally Verde Green (GG) and you can see this color thru the burgundy in the truck area





Are you sure about the colour? GG should be Granada Gold on a 67 Beaumont I thought.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4823
Date:

Carl Stevenson wrote:
bjburnout wrote:

 

Carl Stevenson wrote:

No, it would be body colour, assuming it's on your 67 Beaumont.


 ....our 67 was originally Verde Green (GG) and you can see this color thru the burgundy in the truck area



 



Are you sure about the colour? GG should be Granada Gold on a 67 Beaumont I thought.


 G=Granada Gold J=Verde Green



__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1261
Date:

70 SS ACADIAN wrote:
Carl Stevenson wrote:
bjburnout wrote:

 

Carl Stevenson wrote:

No, it would be body colour, assuming it's on your 67 Beaumont.


 ....our 67 was originally Verde Green (GG) and you can see this color thru the burgundy in the truck area



 



Are you sure about the colour? GG should be Granada Gold on a 67 Beaumont I thought.


 G=Granada Gold J=Verde Green


 ..........sorry about that it is JJ - Verde Green......we used to call it Bell telephone green back in the day and

more that one gearhead changed the color on a one or two year old car they bought used. I have contacted

all the previous owners of our 67 and the second owner painted it in Imron somewhere around 1970.



__________________

......big block, 4 speed, bench seat, it doesn't get much better

 happy motoring :burnout



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34383
Date:

Phew, thought maybe I was losing it...!

I recall people being very hard on green cars since way back when. With the odd exception I've always liked green on cars, especially the darker shades.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2669
Date:

694279 wrote:

if the firewall is body colour the trunk is the same G M went to lauqer
paint in 1969 fire wall black like floor boards and they used splatter paint in the trunk


 I concur, 1969 was the model year that Beaumonts switched to spatter paint in the trunk & black on the firewall. The deciding factor was the switch from enamel to lacquer.



__________________

67 Chevelle Malibu Sport Coupe, Oshawa-built stocker 250 Powerglide 40,000 mile

Also in garage waiting: stroker 296 cid inline six & built TH350

Cameron Milne, Toronto.


I am a walking encyclopedia with numerous pages missing.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
.
.
.