Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: I got something and I believe it's pretty rare................1969 2+2 427 TH400 and options


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 501
Date:
I got something and I believe it's pretty rare................1969 2+2 427 TH400 and options


As a fan of the 1969 since 1969,

All I can say is thanks guys for saving these cool cars !

__________________

Randy(Muttwood)



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Online
Posts: 4444
Date:

Awesome find. Any CP saved is a blessing, particularly any 2+2! Hopefully the block numbers tell the tale. And as long as the block itself is good your golden.

Funny, I've had this picture saved for a long time, wheels are a ringer, and if not for the missing stripe and the black headrest...hmm,

800.JPG

 wheel.JPG

 



Attachments
__________________
67' Grande Parisienne. Ex Ottawa USSR Embassy car, 67- 68.
6977017306_dfca361bfc_m.jpg
 


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6954
Date:

ABC123 wrote:

As a fan of the 1969 since 1969,

All I can say is thanks guys for saving these cool cars !


 Your Welcome !   When I got the phone call from my car friend ,  he was trying to buy it to pull the 427 for a chevelle project !!

 

HOLD ON right there , I told him .. Do not part that car out .. !!   I knew it was worth saving before I even seen it ! 

 

It took 3 months to get the contact info .. But , it all worked out For Eric ! 



__________________

later...rog

AADD supporting member !!
I'm a collector...not a builder!!Located in sunny central Saskatchewan at the lakehead!


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34829
Date:

WOW just doesn't even cut it! I agree with you about that engine being scary, but if it's matching numbers. .......

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1917
Date:

WOW!!!

GREAT SAVE GUYS!smile

 



__________________

  
   MIKE



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2692
Date:

Stunner when New!

__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 307
Date:

Great find  Your persistence  paid off !

 

If you need a good solid frame , good floor , trunk floor , front & rear bumper , I have a great parts for you.!  



__________________

Big Block B Body nut 



Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3831
Date:

Always a great story when someone finds a rare gem. Congrats.

__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1044
Date:

Did a little automotive archeology tonight.

Got the trunk open, ugh, the trunk pan is pretty rotten. Looks like air shocks were used at one time or still in the car. There are a couple shader valves visible sticking out of the differential hump.

Moved the alternator and scraped the pad clean and it matches the vin.

__________________

Eric - Regina, SK

The Projects:

1935 Chev 3 Window Std Coupe

1967 Mustang Convertible

1969 Firebird 350HO Convertible

1969 Camaro X11-V8

1969 GTO

1969 Parisienne

1969 2+2 was a 396

1969 2+2 427

1978 Chevy Short Box Step Side 4x4

1980 Harley FXWG

1986 CJ7 Jeep

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4162
Date:

I might have the correct carb to go with that engine, I'll have to do some digging.

__________________
70 2+2 convertible
70 2+2 hardtop
70 Parisienne hardtop
72 GMC Sierra

 

 



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1906
Date:

Wow, this is pretty exciting. Can't wait to see it in the restoration process!

__________________

Victoria, BC



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4162
Date:

I also have a vintage Edelbrock C396 intake (actually I think I have a couple of them, one with a Holley flange, and one with a Quadrajet flange) if you're interested in the vintage look.

__________________
70 2+2 convertible
70 2+2 hardtop
70 Parisienne hardtop
72 GMC Sierra

 

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4162
Date:

Re the 8 track player, as they used a Pontiac player on a Chevy console, the player sat on a unique metal plate that mounted onto the console, in place of the forward hump. Is that metal plate present?

I had to get a couple made when I put the 8 track players in my 2+2's, fortunately a guy here in town had a 69 2+2 and he let me borrow his plate so I could duplicate it.

__________________
70 2+2 convertible
70 2+2 hardtop
70 Parisienne hardtop
72 GMC Sierra

 

 



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1044
Date:

IMG_0572.JPG

Pic of the console under the dash. Sorry it inserted upside down  

 



Attachments
__________________

Eric - Regina, SK

The Projects:

1935 Chev 3 Window Std Coupe

1967 Mustang Convertible

1969 Firebird 350HO Convertible

1969 Camaro X11-V8

1969 GTO

1969 Parisienne

1969 2+2 was a 396

1969 2+2 427

1978 Chevy Short Box Step Side 4x4

1980 Harley FXWG

1986 CJ7 Jeep

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 984
Date:

Great find, about as good as it gets.

__________________

1967 2dr Biscayne. L36, M40, G80, K05, F41. #'s.
1967 Impala convert. 283, glide. Parked in the garage since 74 and hasn't moved. Soon to be BB 4speed.

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 15547
Date:

Good stuff ... please start a build thread.



__________________

Prince Edward Islandbug.gif

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4162
Date:

dcneric wrote:

IMG_0572.JPG

Pic of the console under the dash. Sorry it inserted upside down  

 


It looks like it's the correct plate.  69 - 72 8 track players are all generally the same, with minor differences.   There are a number of different harnesses, all to do with what radio is in the car.   (AM, AM/FM Mono, AM/FM Stereo, etc.)   I should have a harness here somewhere as well, and can change the pinout to go with what radio is in the car.



__________________
70 2+2 convertible
70 2+2 hardtop
70 Parisienne hardtop
72 GMC Sierra

 

 



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34829
Date:

dcneric wrote:

Did a little automotive archeology tonight.


Got the trunk open, ugh, the trunk pan is pretty rotten. Looks like air shocks were used at one time or still in the car. There are a couple shader valves visible sticking out of the differential hump.


Moved the alternator and scraped the pad clean and it matches the vin.





A numbers match 2 plus 2 is pretty cool even if it's a major project

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1044
Date:

Got the drivers door open and started cleaning decades of crap out. The glove box was open and had a stack of envelopes and papers in it. The dates started in the fall of 74 and ended summer of 75. With 1975 license plates on the car, could this car really have been off the road for 42 years?

More sleuthing to do.

One thing I noticed with the drivers door, there is absolutely no sag. Makes one wonder.

__________________

Eric - Regina, SK

The Projects:

1935 Chev 3 Window Std Coupe

1967 Mustang Convertible

1969 Firebird 350HO Convertible

1969 Camaro X11-V8

1969 GTO

1969 Parisienne

1969 2+2 was a 396

1969 2+2 427

1978 Chevy Short Box Step Side 4x4

1980 Harley FXWG

1986 CJ7 Jeep

 



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 233
Date:

WOW!!!! what an amazing find. Absolutely worth what ever it takes to put it back on the road. Must have taken some time to get it on the trailer with all the growth around it. Sure looks to be in pretty good shape and with most of it complete. Good luck with it and keep up with the info.

Luppy



__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3793
Date:

WoW. You guys can sure find them! Might be a lot of work but will have one rare well optioned car when done! 
 


-- Edited by hawkeye5766 on Wednesday 1st of November 2017 01:27:37 AM

__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1285
Date:

dcneric wrote:

Got the drivers door open and started cleaning decades of crap out. The glove box was open and had a stack of envelopes and papers in it. The dates started in the fall of 74 and ended summer of 75. With 1975 license plates on the car, could this car really have been off the road for 42 years?

More sleuthing to do.

One thing I noticed with the drivers door, there is absolutely no sag. Makes one wonder.


 Sounds quite plausible. Any idea why it was parked? 



__________________

Stony Mountain, MB

65 Impala SS 2dr HT
65 Impala convert.
59 Impala 2dr HT
67 Acadian Canso 2dr HT

 

 

 



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1044
Date:

DANO65 wrote:
dcneric wrote:

Got the drivers door open and started cleaning decades of crap out. The glove box was open and had a stack of envelopes and papers in it. The dates started in the fall of 74 and ended summer of 75. With 1975 license plates on the car, could this car really have been off the road for 42 years?

More sleuthing to do.

One thing I noticed with the drivers door, there is absolutely no sag. Makes one wonder.


 Sounds quite plausible. Any idea why it was parked? 


 From the bills and warnings in the glove box I'm thinking the 1975 owner lost his job. The rear bumper is not on the car and the 75 plate was wired onto the frame so I don't believe it was sidelined because of some rear end damage.



__________________

Eric - Regina, SK

The Projects:

1935 Chev 3 Window Std Coupe

1967 Mustang Convertible

1969 Firebird 350HO Convertible

1969 Camaro X11-V8

1969 GTO

1969 Parisienne

1969 2+2 was a 396

1969 2+2 427

1978 Chevy Short Box Step Side 4x4

1980 Harley FXWG

1986 CJ7 Jeep

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6954
Date:

The mystery of it !  This is my favourite part of tracing a cars history !   fuel prices and a 427 may have played into decided to sell / park it . 

When did Wayne say he bought it ? 



__________________

later...rog

AADD supporting member !!
I'm a collector...not a builder!!Located in sunny central Saskatchewan at the lakehead!


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1285
Date:

dcneric wrote:
DANO65 wrote:
dcneric wrote:

Got the drivers door open and started cleaning decades of crap out. The glove box was open and had a stack of envelopes and papers in it. The dates started in the fall of 74 and ended summer of 75. With 1975 license plates on the car, could this car really have been off the road for 42 years?

More sleuthing to do.

One thing I noticed with the drivers door, there is absolutely no sag. Makes one wonder.


 Sounds quite plausible. Any idea why it was parked? 


 From the bills and warnings in the glove box I'm thinking the 1975 owner lost his job. The rear bumper is not on the car and the 75 plate was wired onto the frame so I don't believe it was sidelined because of some rear end damage.


 A very interesting car, and I'm sure a very interesting story it will have to tell. Will be following, love the stories as much as the cars.



__________________

Stony Mountain, MB

65 Impala SS 2dr HT
65 Impala convert.
59 Impala 2dr HT
67 Acadian Canso 2dr HT

 

 

 

«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
.
.
.