Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Winnipeg Coffee in Dec?


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34818
Date:
Winnipeg Coffee in Dec?


Hi guys.

We usually try a coffee sometime in the weeks preceding Chirstmas. Other than Ian who is an obvious "yes", anyone else up for coffee maybe next week or the week after?

Ignore JohnneeD if he replies that he would like to come....smile

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Date:

Aloha!  I will go for coffee but I am away from Nov 30 to Dec 9. Anytime before or after that would work for me! 



__________________
Earl36


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1284
Date:

I can usually make Tuesdays work, only night the kids don't have something on.
Others are a crap shoot depending on my wife's work schedule.....

__________________

Stony Mountain, MB

65 Impala SS 2dr HT
65 Impala convert.
59 Impala 2dr HT
67 Acadian Canso 2dr HT

 

 

 



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34818
Date:

As the saying goes, "It'll be a cold day in Winnipeg before we let you come for coffee with us."

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34818
Date:

DANO65 wrote:

I can usually make Tuesdays work, only night the kids don't have something on.

Others are a crap shoot depending on my wife's work schedule.....





How about Tuesday December 5th?

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1284
Date:

Carl Stevenson wrote:
DANO65 wrote:

I can usually make Tuesdays work, only night the kids don't have something on.

Others are a crap shoot depending on my wife's work schedule.....



 



How about Tuesday December 5th?


 Works for me.



__________________

Stony Mountain, MB

65 Impala SS 2dr HT
65 Impala convert.
59 Impala 2dr HT
67 Acadian Canso 2dr HT

 

 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 788
Date:

Im good for any day!



-- Edited by pontiax on Wednesday 22nd of November 2017 09:38:12 PM

__________________

pontiax- (canadian pontiac X frame)1964 Parisienne 2dr. hdtop lagoon aqua metallic (Q)

 



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34818
Date:

pontiax wrote:

Im good for any day!



-- Edited by pontiax on Wednesday 22nd of November 2017 09:38:12 PM



You competing with Ian now? biggrin

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 139
Date:

Tuesday, Dec. 5 is good with me.



__________________

72 Nova SS,   66 Beaumont Sport Deluxe,   09 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Date:

Will be there, drinking coffee is good for you!


__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3766
Date:

Ok I will try to make it lol



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34818
Date:

Beaumont4008 wrote:

Ok I will try to make it lol





Hahaha, yeah whatever!

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 311
Date:

If I don't forget, I will be there Dec 5.


__________________

'62 Pontiac Parisienne

'83 Datsun 200SX

Winnipeg, MB.



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2220
Date:

I'll be there too ... Ian, can you bring that Turbo 400 driveshaft for my Firebird please ?



__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3766
Date:

I will bring it. If I remember it was of a four speed standard. But you got more use for it than I do. 



-- Edited by Beaumont4008 on Saturday 25th of November 2017 09:28:50 PM

__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2220
Date:

Should work, Thanks Ian !



__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1906
Date:

I going to be close, but not close enough. Yorktown, Sask. later this week.

__________________

Victoria, BC



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34818
Date:

Rats, so close and yet so far. One of these times John.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3793
Date:

StriperSS wrote:

I going to be close, but not close enough. Yorktown, Sask. later this week.


 Only about 450 km's.....worth it if it's a good cup of coffee! Dougie would drive 10 hrs for a cold beer!!



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34818
Date:

And if you drive that far I'm sure I know a CP member who would buy you supper before hand...

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1906
Date:

I was in Summerland for a few days last week, and got a phone call from a sign shop in Edmonton telling me that their regular installer had a family emergency and couldn't work for a few weeks. He was supposed to be leaving on a road trip through western Canada that morning to put up new 3 dimensional signage inside the appliance department of a chain of stores. It needed to be completed by the end of the month. This included 3 stores in Winnipeg. I spent that day trying to work out the logistics and an itinerary. 41 stores all together. I figured I'd finally get to Winnipeg and have a coffee with Carl. They shipped enough for 5 stores, overnight to Penticton, and gave me an advance. The Penticton store was not ready. I got started on the Vernon store Thusday night, but couldn't complete it. Drove to Kamloops, completed that, and drove to Prince George, and completed that Friday night. Back to Vernon Saturday, finished that. Williams lake store wasn't shipped. Sunday drove back to Victoria, put a new battery in the van. Was supposed to start on the Island stores Monday. The shipping company let us down, and it arrived midday Tuesday. I got 1 store out of 5 done. Off to Vancouver Wednesday. Missed the ferry by 1 minute. Again the shipping company let us down, and got a late start. half of the Vancouver stores weren't ready. We stayed in Canmore last night and will start on the Calgary stores this morning. Lethbridge and Medicine Hat will be Monday, and then on to Moose Jaw, 2 stores in Regina, Yorktown, Prince Albert and then Saskatoon. They took Winnipeg and the Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie stores off the list, and I'll end up doing 31 stores. When I come back I'll have to run around and finish the other ones that weren't ready. I had to get extra insurance both on myself and the van to work out of province. Sadly, I won't have time for any side trips or stops anywhere. The pay is good however, and I'm seeing some new places. Had to stop and buy one of those heat and massage seat covers from Canadian Tire. This van has no cruise control, and my right leg gets pretty cramped up.

__________________

Victoria, BC



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34818
Date:

Seeing the Edmonton coffee meet thread reminded me to bump this one up.

And I know I'm am hour away for most of you guys but sometime I'd be more than willing to have the coffee in our garage sometime in the winter. Even next Tuesday if you want, although that might be a bit short notice for some of you to travel.

Anyway, Winnipeg coffee next Tuesday at the usual Robin's, 7:00 PM?

Unless you want to meet in Morris.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3793
Date:

StriperSS wrote:

I was in Summerland for a few days last week, and got a phone call from a sign shop in Edmonton telling me that their regular installer had a family emergency and couldn't work for a few weeks. He was supposed to be leaving on a road trip through western Canada that morning to put up new 3 dimensional signage inside the appliance department of a chain of stores. It needed to be completed by the end of the month. This included 3 stores in Winnipeg. I spent that day trying to work out the logistics and an itinerary. 41 stores all together. I figured I'd finally get to Winnipeg and have a coffee with Carl. They shipped enough for 5 stores, overnight to Penticton, and gave me an advance. The Penticton store was not ready. I got started on the Vernon store Thusday night, but couldn't complete it. Drove to Kamloops, completed that, and drove to Prince George, and completed that Friday night. Back to Vernon Saturday, finished that. Williams lake store wasn't shipped. Sunday drove back to Victoria, put a new battery in the van. Was supposed to start on the Island stores Monday. The shipping company let us down, and it arrived midday Tuesday. I got 1 store out of 5 done. Off to Vancouver Wednesday. Missed the ferry by 1 minute. Again the shipping company let us down, and got a late start. half of the Vancouver stores weren't ready. We stayed in Canmore last night and will start on the Calgary stores this morning. Lethbridge and Medicine Hat will be Monday, and then on to Moose Jaw, 2 stores in Regina, Yorktown, Prince Albert and then Saskatoon. They took Winnipeg and the Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Grande Prairie stores off the list, and I'll end up doing 31 stores. When I come back I'll have to run around and finish the other ones that weren't ready. I had to get extra insurance both on myself and the van to work out of province. Sadly, I won't have time for any side trips or stops anywhere. The pay is good however, and I'm seeing some new places. Had to stop and buy one of those heat and massage seat covers from Canadian Tire. This van has no cruise control, and my right leg gets pretty cramped up.


 Drive safe John...winter driving up north can be nasty!  Maybe put a bungee through the fire wall and tie to the wheel.Would work on the Prairies.biggrin



-- Edited by hawkeye5766 on Thursday 30th of November 2017 01:30:30 AM

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 92
Date:

I have (1) T3 high beam needs new home and (8) R45S spark plugs ( for 283) new with 200 miles if any one wants they will be at coffee and are free to whom ever asks first here or at coffee Laurie

__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 34818
Date:

I can use the spark plugs Laurie. It might be a couple of years before the big block finds it's way under my hood and the 283 was going to get new plugs this winter.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"
1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
.
.
.