Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Glovebox support arm thing for a 1965 parisienne


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:
Glovebox support arm thing for a 1965 parisienne


hey all!

Looking for the small curved glovebox support arm thingy confuse that goes on the right hand side of the glovebox door..........

Thanks!



__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:

The arm that you are looking for is spot welded to the door. I do have the door with the arm on it.

Luppy

DSCF0006.JPGDSCF0005.JPGDSCF0004.JPG

Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 641
Date:

Interesting, mine has 2 screws.



__________________

65 Custom Sport Convertible

Southern Alberta



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

hmmmm.......wondering if i should just fabricate one up then

how much would you want for the door?

__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Online
Posts: 35407
Date:

Luppy is your's maybe from a 66? Just guessing here.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3959
Date:

if non of the above pans out I can point you to a yard in Alberta with 2 65 Ponchos.

__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3959
Date:

Went out an took a pic of my 65 CS.
Here it is. Definitely screwed on.

Inside of glove box door2.jpg



Attachments
__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Online
Posts: 35407
Date:

Interesting.

For the record, my 66 Strato Chief has it welded on. I wonder if it's a mid year change for 1965 production? Ted, when was your car built?

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 15731
Date:

Screws for '64. I wonder if they are the same? I'll check.



__________________

Prince Edward Islandbug.gif

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 15731
Date:

Pontiacanada wrote:

Screws for '64. I wonder if they are the same? I'll check.


 '64 is different:

008.JPG

 



Attachments
__________________

Prince Edward Islandbug.gif

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:

hutch400 wrote:

hmmmm.......wondering if i should just fabricate one up then

how much would you want for the door?


 There was someone else looking for one of these just a few weeks ago. I guess he thought it was to much when I told him he could have it for the shipping which was over $26.00. He was also in ONtario and I'm in B.C.

Luppy



__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 247
Date:

Carl Stevenson wrote:

Luppy is your's maybe from a 66? Just guessing here.


 I think you are correct Carl. It was in the spare parts that I got with the car.

Luppy



__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3959
Date:

Carl Stevenson wrote:

Interesting.

For the record, my 66 Strato Chief has it welded on. I wonder if it's a mid year change for 1965 production? Ted, when was your car built?


 May 4, 1965



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Online
Posts: 35407
Date:

So we know at least that until near the end of the 65 model year they are still screwed on.

66GrandeGuy has a relatively early 66. Maybe he can check his car if he sees this.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 "survivor"


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

luppy wrote:
hutch400 wrote:

hmmmm.......wondering if i should just fabricate one up then

how much would you want for the door?


 There was someone else looking for one of these just a few weeks ago. I guess he thought it was to much when I told him he could have it for the shipping which was over $26.00. He was also in ONtario and I'm in B.C.

Luppy


 if that deal still stands i'd be all over it! probably save me 26.00 of time and material making one! LOL

Sent you a PM



__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3959
Date:

Here is a kijiji ad out of the Oshawa area. You'll have to page thru it but it does show a glove box door, don't know if bracket is attached.
www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/oshawa-durham-region/1965-and-1966-pontiac-parts-lots-of-parts/1202489932

__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
.
.
.