Photobucket
Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Parting 1968 Parisienne Ragtop


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:
Parting 1968 Parisienne Ragtop


Recognize this car fellas?

Yup, its now down on Vancouver island and I'm pulling the stuff I want off it so the rest is available.  Sorry to say but it will be parted.  

The frame is really solid so if you know anyone needs a good convertible frame let me know (also fits 1967 and 1968 Impala).

It has a really nice rear bumper, dash pad, running 327, TH 400 and car is pretty much complete.  Just let me know what you need and I'll see what we can do.   

Cheers!



Attachments
__________________
Dave J




Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Date:

Aside from the dents how are the rear 1/4's? , and I know it would be pricey to ship across Canada to little ole' PEI but what would you want for them if they're any good, or even private message me some more pics?, thanks

__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:

Thanks for asking - I'll have a look and if they are any good I will shoot you a PM.  I shipped a pile of heavy stuff (including entire rear bumper) off my last 68 Poncho ragtop out east and it wasn't too expensive as I recall.

Cheers



__________________
Dave J




Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 581
Date:

How's the steering wheel ?

 

Regards, Scott



__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:

LandShark68_2+2 wrote:

How's the steering wheel ?

 

Regards, Scott


 I will check that as well!



__________________
Dave J




Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:

1980bigblockponcho wrote:

Aside from the dents how are the rear 1/4's? , and I know it would be pricey to ship across Canada to little ole' PEI but what would you want for them if they're any good, or even private message me some more pics?, thanks


 

Reporting in:  These quarters are better than I thought - but honestly they are too rough to transplant onto another Poncho (unless you are TOTALLY desperate for quarters and you can drive over here and get them) .  Here are some shots. 

In other words, they could probably be saved - on this car - but I sure wouldnt want to ship them out east and then try to repair them and then reinstall them.  Better off to just fix what you've got. Sorry and good luck!



Attachments
__________________
Dave J




Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 581
Date:

Did you get a chance to check out the steering wheel ?

 

Regards, Scott



__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:

LandShark68_2+2 wrote:

Did you get a chance to check out the steering wheel ?

 

Regards, Scott


 Yes I did - sorry I thought I posted - the wheel has the normal cracks near the spokes.  Its repairable.  



__________________
Dave J




Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 581
Date:

How about at the back of the spokes where the horn assembly is attaches via screws ?

These can get pretty cracked too.

 

Scott



__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:

LandShark68_2+2 wrote:

How about at the back of the spokes where the horn assembly is attaches via screws ?

These can get pretty cracked too.

 

Scott


Yup -  Its not as bad as I've seen them but it is definitely cracked.  



__________________
Dave J




Poncho Master!

Status: Online
Posts: 1422
Date:

What shape is the chrome trim that goes up the rear side windows especially the passengers side?



__________________

'68 Parisienne 2+2 Convertible Matador Red (Resale Red but not for sale).



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 165
Date:

DaveJ wrote:
1980bigblockponcho wrote:

Aside from the dents how are the rear 1/4's? , and I know it would be pricey to ship across Canada to little ole' PEI but what would you want for them if they're any good, or even private message me some more pics?, thanks


 

Reporting in:  These quarters are better than I thought - but honestly they are too rough to transplant onto another Poncho (unless you are TOTALLY desperate for quarters and you can drive over here and get them) .  Here are some shots. 

In other words, they could probably be saved - on this car - but I sure wouldnt want to ship them out east and then try to repair them and then reinstall them.  Better off to just fix what you've got. Sorry and good luck!


 Ok no worries, mine are about the same, just someone did really bad body work along the way, nothing a couple patches won't fix and a hammer/dolly/filler and time won't fix



__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:

JC2+2 wrote:

What shape is the chrome trim that goes up the rear side windows especially the passengers side?


 Sorry for delay- the chrome has some (currently) minor pitting and rust starting.



__________________
Dave J




Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1335
Date:

Rear bumper still available?.......I'm in your area....near vancouver....



__________________

.....formerly 64 Custom Sport.....now appearing as MoboMac

    

The Wall of DEATH

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQRFkgWuM40

 




Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:

Hi there - it sure is.  I will send PM



__________________
Dave J




Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 11
Date:

Frame still available?

__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:

Sold that frame but have a good hardtop frame for 1968 - also fits 67 with some minor modifications


__________________
Dave J




Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Date:

Dashpad still available? Any pics?

__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 351
Date:

All Pontiac specific parts are now gone.  Thanks

 



__________________
Dave J


Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
.
.
.