Photobucket
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Suggestions to replace a wornout QJet 4MV on my 68 Parisienne 396


Guru

Status: Online
Posts: 671
Date:
Suggestions to replace a wornout QJet 4MV on my 68 Parisienne 396


Hi guys,

I have been struggling with my original QJet 4 barrel carb for some time and was recently told by a good carb guy that it was junk and basically "un-rebuildable". I don't know alot about these and I trust his opinion. I would like to replace it with another numbers-matching rebuilt one. Anyone know a good place to pickup rebuilt carbs off the shelf ?

It is a QJet divorced automatic choke, part # 7028210 off my 396/325 hp
1968 Parisienne 2+2.

Regards, Scott J.

__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2697
Date:

I use these folks:

http://www.carburetorrebuilders.ca/

They do excellent rebuilds and will even restore to original condition with cadnium plating, etc.  Ask for Don.  I don't know if they will have a 7028210 in stock, but I'm sure they will have something similar that will work as well or better.  If you really want a numbers matching core to rebuild, I will try and take a look through my collection on the weekend and see if I have one.

__________________
Hillar

1970 LS4 (eventually an LS5) Laurentian 2dr hdtp
-and a bunch of other muscle cars...


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 42311
Date:

I think I used to have one of those. I will try to remember to check in the next day or so.

__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles "FAKE_66"



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1951
Date:

I have a couple of those. Is there a specific date code you are looking for?

__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3555
Date:

'junk, unrebuildable'??? what's wrong with it?

__________________

 








Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1057
Date:

I have used this place for the last 25 yrs.  When you get it back, you just bolt it on and go.  http://www.thecarbshop.com/

__________________

1951 Chevy Styleline -- Gasser

1966 Chevy Biscayne -- Sleeper

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 19308
Date:

Astro Jet wrote:

I use these folks:

http://www.carburetorrebuilders.ca/

They do excellent rebuilds and will even restore to original condition with cadnium plating, etc.  Ask for Don.  I don't know if they will have a 7028210 in stock, but I'm sure they will have something similar that will work as well or better.  If you really want a numbers matching core to rebuild, I will try and take a look through my collection on the weekend and see if I have one.



When you are looking keep Big Ray in mind too. 7043212 or 7043210 please.




__________________

Ray White, Toronto ON

1973 LeMans 454 "Astro-Jet"

Built March 9, 1973 - Oshawa ON

1993 Corvette Convertible LT 1

Polo green metallic & tan  - Bowling Green Kentucky 






Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2697
Date:

73SC wrote:

Astro Jet wrote:

I use these folks:

http://www.carburetorrebuilders.ca/

They do excellent rebuilds and will even restore to original condition with cadnium plating, etc.  Ask for Don.  I don't know if they will have a 7028210 in stock, but I'm sure they will have something similar that will work as well or better.  If you really want a numbers matching core to rebuild, I will try and take a look through my collection on the weekend and see if I have one.



When you are looking keep Big Ray in mind too. 7043212 or 7043210 please.





You may be in luck my son.....wink



__________________
Hillar

1970 LS4 (eventually an LS5) Laurentian 2dr hdtp
-and a bunch of other muscle cars...


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2697
Date:

SD 396 wrote:

I have a couple of those. Is there a specific date code you are looking for?



Hey Brad - I like the new avatar.thumbsup.gif



__________________
Hillar

1970 LS4 (eventually an LS5) Laurentian 2dr hdtp
-and a bunch of other muscle cars...
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
<
.
.
.