Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 63 safari original 409 on ebay
ga


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 480
Date:
63 safari original 409 on ebay


Guy on ebay has listed
a 63 safari wagon thats original 409 , stick car, says its got
documents to prove is real, at some point was imported to the usa
from canada.
questions being asked already about 409s in pontiacs??? i gather
canadian ponchos are that well know amongst our friends to the south

__________________

The Imperial City, Sarnia, Ontario



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 35601
Date:

I thought Aubrey B was the only guy with a 63 409 wagon     Cool

__________________

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4767
Date:

i'll be the other guy later this week. but not original

__________________

sTevE

55 GMC, 70 Pontiac 2+2 rag



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1560
Date:

ga wrote:

Guy on ebay has listed
a 63 safari wagon thats original 409 , stick car



Linky?



__________________



         www.67HEAVEN.com
Re-thinking the entire site design



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4519
Date:

I can't find it

__________________

62 Catalina 2 dr post project

55 Bel Air 2 dr post 265PP/PG

68 Bel Air 2 dr post BB project

 

ga


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 480
Date:

sorry i cant make the link work

but its item 200304126300

1963 pontiac safari

__________________

The Imperial City, Sarnia, Ontario



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1560
Date:

Link

__________________



         www.67HEAVEN.com
Re-thinking the entire site design

ga


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 480
Date:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1963-Pontiac-Safari_W0QQitemZ200304126300QQihZ010QQcategoryZ6386QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

__________________

The Imperial City, Sarnia, Ontario



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 20085
Date:

I'm not posting this to be nasty or anything but it truly amazes me that generally muscle car guys in the US have no idea about our Canadian Chevy powered gems. Even those that do most often refer to them as mutts or bastard cars. I had one guy from Montreal of all places a Pontiac die hard tell me a Canadian B body isn't even a good parts car.

__________________

Ray White, Toronto ON

1973 LeMans 454 "Astro-Jet"

Built March 9, 1973 - Oshawa ON

1993 Corvette Convertible LT 1

Built January 10, 1993 - Bowling Green Kentucky 

 




A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 35601
Date:

Stephenzone wrote:

i'll be the other guy later this week. but not original



clap.gifhandshake.gif



__________________

 

ga


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 480
Date:

well gents

anyone like to way in on what its worth??
the pictures are fuzzy and far away so i gather its in need of it everything
but if the documents confirm its a 409/stick car???????

iam wondering because its in the usa, will that keep the price lower
because they dont understan what it is...my 63 parisienne at
shows around my town on the border always get at least a couple
why would change a pontiac to a chevy?? then i point out
the parisienne letters  on the side and go from there....

__________________

The Imperial City, Sarnia, Ontario



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6366
Date:

ga wrote:

well gents

anyone like to way in on what its worth??
the pictures are fuzzy and far away so i gather its in need of it everything
but if the documents confirm its a 409/stick car???????

iam wondering because its in the usa, will that keep the price lower
because they dont understan what it is...my 63 parisienne at
shows around my town on the border always get at least a couple
why would change a pontiac to a chevy?? then i point out
the parisienne letters  on the side and go from there....



Its worth what a real enthusist will pay-market is way soft, projects even softer, tough call very hard to find not super desirable, in the wrong location, looks really rough-it'll never make reserve-the rebuilt engine is probably more dollars than most would pay for the whole project.



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4519
Date:

If real, it will be rare. looks like it need s lots of work but it's hard to tell condition with the very poor pics. I've never understood how people expect to sell cars with poor pics, but I guess it works becasue you see them all the time. I almost bought a car one time based on the pics, which looked good but which I found out later (thankfully just in time) did not accurately represent the car.  I've been very cautious ever since.

__________________

62 Catalina 2 dr post project

55 Bel Air 2 dr post 265PP/PG

68 Bel Air 2 dr post BB project

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6366
Date:

gparis7 wrote:

If real, it will be rare. looks like it need s lots of work but it's hard to tell condition with the very poor pics. I've never understood how people expect to sell cars with poor pics, but I guess it works becasue you see them all the time. I almost bought a car one time based on the pics, which looked good but which I found out later (thankfully just in time) did not accurately represent the car.  I've been very cautious ever since.



yes they almost never do, always best to see it first hand



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 35601
Date:

Stephenzone wrote:

i'll be the other guy later this week. but not original



      have you bought the wagon on e-bay..



__________________

 



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 35601
Date:

73SC wrote:

 die hard tell me a Canadian B body isn't even a good parts car.



         b-bodies are no good for parts?   now you tell me!  damn..



__________________

 



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 192
Date:

When I saw this I thought I had to have it. Already making restoration plans. Then I talked to the owner.........George is a very nice guy, sent me the PHS paperwork a.s.a.p   The problem is George noticed what the 63
Lemans wagon did on E-BAY and figures with this being the only 425hp
4spd on the market and this being the rarest 409 GM has built on a regular production line this should be a big buck car. For his sake i hope he's correct. I think i'll have to pass.



__________________

 1967 BEAUMONT SD CONV 1968 BEAUMONT SD CONV



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 232
Date:

What's that "catch" or "buzz" word - Diversify

I have stated it before our having "own" Canadian produced Pontiac's just adds to the uniqueness of Pontiac that no other GM division had.

__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 191
Date:

Apparently that car was drag raced at Keystone and Bison in the 60's and 70's. The original engine is still around and is now in a Chevy. Too bad the owner thinks is worth so much money. That would be a really cool car. It also unfortunately looks extremely rusty. How would you like to hear that thing cruising down the main drag in Neepawa, MB in the mid sixties with its lumpy solid cam and 4.11 posi. Giddyup!!


__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6366
Date:

Bill told me how much he offered and the guy turned it down ! I'm still sitting on the floor !!! rare or not let it roll !

hope that comment is OK with Bill

Ken

__________________


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Date:

I'll have to admit that I've been a car guy all my life(at least since I was big enough to know what a "Hot Wheels" was). I've really never even considered or given a thought to what kind of cars were north of our borders. Guess I assumed they were the same. Now I've found out about the Beaumont, I'm interested...please read my post about 64 Chevelle grill.

__________________
"Trailers are made for boats!"


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3830
Date:

Rare doesn't always equate to valuable. But it seems wagons are hot right now, and a 409/425 with a 4speed combo should be interesting enough?

__________________

Drifting offshore is a fine way to spend a day!!

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
<
.
.
.