Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: 66 buckets...ful size


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Date:
66 buckets...ful size


what would you guys think a set of 66 buckets be worth?

they need to be re-done....thanx

__________________

Big bad B bodies 




Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5889
Date:

Do they have the optional headrests?  Or at least the tubes for the optional headrests?



__________________
70 2+2 convertible
70 2+2 hardtop
70 Parisienne hardtop
72 GMC Sierra

 

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 876
Date:

fmolnar327 wrote:

what would you guys think a set of 66 buckets be worth?

they need to be re-done....thanx



Are you selling them and...what needs to be redone? ...just the fabric?

 



__________________

If it weren't for my Pontiac's ..well you know. 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Date:

they have the head reasts....they need to be recovered...

the job done on them now has no rolls or tuck...

but they are solid/im selling them.....have another set..there original...

loke to keep them like that as long as that 46 yrear old vinal holds up...so they should go to someone who needs a set.

someone said they would give 200 hundred for them


id rather trade for a clean rear bumper or a steering colunm..

asking for to much..?

just don't want to throw them out..that be a waste.



__________________

Big bad B bodies 




Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 876
Date:

fmolnar327 wrote:

they have the head reasts....they need to be recovered...

the job done on them now has no rolls or tuck...

but they are solid/im selling them.....have another set..there original...

loke to keep them like that as long as that 46 yrear old vinal holds up...so they should go to someone who needs a set.

someone said they would give 200 hundred for them


id rather trade for a clean rear bumper or a steering colunm..

asking for to much..?

just don't want to throw them out..that be a waste.



I have a rear bumper..just need to check the condition....I will check tomorrow and get back to you.

 



__________________

If it weren't for my Pontiac's ..well you know. 

NOS


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1451
Date:

the bucket frames are the same 66-72 both A & B bodies. Early seats have the locks at the side; 69 & 72 the locks are in the centre of backrest. Also the foams change in 71-72. $200.00 is a good deal for the buyer. I've had customers pay twice that & then have to replace the foams & recover them.

Dale @ NOS

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Date:

my opinion is if these seats are original 66's and are complete with the tracks but have the, actually quite rare, head rest option then those seats are worth 3x what your asking. i purchased a pair of those at the portland oregon swap meet about 5 years ago and paid $400. us for them and was very happy with the deal. i sold them the next week for $650. and that customer was quite happy with that!?!?

__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5889
Date:

tinman wrote:

my opinion is if these seats are original 66's and are complete with the tracks but have the, actually quite rare, head rest option then those seats are worth 3x what your asking. i purchased a pair of those at the portland oregon swap meet about 5 years ago and paid $400. us for them and was very happy with the deal. i sold them the next week for $650. and that customer was quite happy with that!?!?



exactly, that's why I queried about the headrests.   While the headrests themselves are usually somewhat shot, and the recovering kits aren't very good quality, it's a rare option.

 



__________________
70 2+2 convertible
70 2+2 hardtop
70 Parisienne hardtop
72 GMC Sierra

 

 



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 35746
Date:


what would you guys think a set of 66 buckets be worth?   $500.00


__________________

 



Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Date:

427carl wrote:


what would you guys think a set of 66 buckets be worth?   $500.00



all day and every day. bucket seats are one of our best selling items. we are always hunting for bucket seats and we sell our basic buckets complete on the 'average' of $500. some sell for more some for less, depends on condition, year, model, some passenger buckets even have the recliner option, again quite rare. also power drivers buckets are very rare but nice to find if you want to option out your car.

__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1207
Date:

My 'Chief came with a pair of really nice pair of buckets and seeing that I am not a fan of them I got $600 for the pair.Went to a fella building a '66 Chevelle SS car.But it took me 2 years to find 2 good bench seats to build 1 good one.Joy!

__________________
"No matter how much you change, you still have to pay for the things you've done".


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7117
Date:

so whats a split bench worth?

__________________

http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/t51640378/timbuks-first-invader/ http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/t63146560/timbuks-second-invader/  vancouver island



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 25
Date:

i heard that they were worth that much....specialy when they want just 500 for one repop.



__________________

Big bad B bodies 




Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1275
Date:

Drivers seat electric control 4 way bucket type is GM option number A46 and the Reclining Right Hand bucket seat is GM option number A70.  The head rest option is called Seat Assembly front bucket high back reclining driver and passenger GM code A95.  I will have a set of these bucket seats for sale in the spring with a matching rear seat that are in black leather. They are out of my 69 Grand Prix.


Al



__________________
NOS


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1451
Date:

headrests were a rare option in 66, 67 & maybe early 68. I belive headrests became law as of Jan 1968 ?

Dale @ NOS

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Date:

timbuk wrote:

so whats a split bench worth?



we sell split bench seats just as much as buckets BUT we sell the bench seats on the average of $300. we just brought in a '65 parisienne 2drht with a black bench and it will sell for $300. within a month. 

__________________


Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Date:

Taylor55 wrote:

Drivers seat electric control 4 way bucket type is GM option number A46 and the Reclining Right Hand bucket seat is GM option number A70.  The head rest option is called Seat Assembly front bucket high back reclining driver and passenger GM code A95.  I will have a set of these bucket seats for sale in the spring with a matching rear seat that are in black leather. They are out of my 69 Grand Prix.


Al



wow, nice combo al, rare options. the head rest were not an option in '69 though. '68 was the last year of the optional head rest. 

__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3966
Date:

NOS wrote:

headrests were a rare option in 66, 67 & maybe early 68. I belive headrests became law as of Jan 1968 ?

Dale @ NOS



Do you guys have covers for the 66  buckets seat with or without headrests? I have a 66 Grande with buckets and headrests but i cannot find the right seat cover patterns My passenger is intact and may by usable  for a pattern but the the drivers is shot
.
 I probably need the sponge too. 

 



__________________

ken from northern Alberta

38 Willys pickup electric powered project

39 Buick (327 with 700 r4)

66 Grande Parisienne 396 with AC (built October 26 1965)

66 Beaumont 4 door hardtop

69 Chevy CST pickup

1976 GMC 23'  motorhome



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 42155
Date:

Good luck with that Ken. When I redid my buckets in the 4 speed car, I had to get someone to sew them and the pleats are similar but without heat pleating, they won't be correct.

As far as I could find, that cover is unique to your car.

__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles "FAKE_66"



Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3966
Date:

Hey Carl the NOS guys responded to me saying that there might be a manufacter interested in a pattern.  I have offered to send them pictures and even the one good seat cover I have from the passenger side if they would need it as a template.

We'll see.

__________________

ken from northern Alberta

38 Willys pickup electric powered project

39 Buick (327 with 700 r4)

66 Grande Parisienne 396 with AC (built October 26 1965)

66 Beaumont 4 door hardtop

69 Chevy CST pickup

1976 GMC 23'  motorhome



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 876
Date:

66 Grande guy wrote:

Hey Carl the NOS guys responded to me saying that there might be a manufacter interested in a pattern.  I have offered to send them pictures and even the one good seat cover I have from the passenger side if they would need it as a template.

We'll see.


Ken.... If you need more orders, to get them to make them.... I'll go in with you and get mine done as well..jim

 



__________________

If it weren't for my Pontiac's ..well you know. 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 876
Date:

tinman wrote:

timbuk wrote:

so whats a split bench worth?



we sell split bench seats just as much as buckets BUT we sell the bench seats on the average of $300. we just brought in a '65 parisienne 2drht with a black bench and it will sell for $300. within a month. 

I have a bench from my 66 parts car I want to get rid of if you need another one..needs recover..front and rear 400.00 for the set

 



__________________

If it weren't for my Pontiac's ..well you know. 



Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3966
Date:

grande jim wrote:

66 Grande guy wrote:

Hey Carl the NOS guys responded to me saying that there might be a manufacter interested in a pattern.  I have offered to send them pictures and even the one good seat cover I have from the passenger side if they would need it as a template.

We'll see.


Ken.... If you need more orders, to get them to make them.... I'll go in with you and get mine done as well..jim

 



yeah I wonder what a  mimimum order would need to be to make it feasible?
Lets face it the market is kind of limited.


 



__________________

ken from northern Alberta

38 Willys pickup electric powered project

39 Buick (327 with 700 r4)

66 Grande Parisienne 396 with AC (built October 26 1965)

66 Beaumont 4 door hardtop

69 Chevy CST pickup

1976 GMC 23'  motorhome



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 876
Date:

66 Grande guy wrote:

 

grande jim wrote:

 

66 Grande guy wrote:

Hey Carl the NOS guys responded to me saying that there might be a manufacter interested in a pattern.  I have offered to send them pictures and even the one good seat cover I have from the passenger side if they would need it as a template.

We'll see.


Ken.... If you need more orders, to get them to make them.... I'll go in with you and get mine done as well..jim

 



yeah I wonder what a  mimimum order would need to be to make it feasible?
Lets face it the market is kind of limited.


 



I would think you could get at least a few hundred sales out of it..there are more and more guys restoring Canadian cars now.

 



-- Edited by grande jim on Monday 10th of January 2011 12:37:15 PM

__________________

If it weren't for my Pontiac's ..well you know. 



Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3966
Date:

Unfortunately Jim that seat cover design seems to tbe unique to 66(67?) grande parisennes from what Carl S and myself understand.  That isn't going to amount to to hundreds of orders.



__________________

ken from northern Alberta

38 Willys pickup electric powered project

39 Buick (327 with 700 r4)

66 Grande Parisienne 396 with AC (built October 26 1965)

66 Beaumont 4 door hardtop

69 Chevy CST pickup

1976 GMC 23'  motorhome

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
<
.
.
.