Photobucket
Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Emblem Placement Dimensions


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 37685
Date:
Emblem Placement Dimensions


There was a thread with discussion on where to locate emblems on a particular vehicle. Todd has suggested that there be a section in each of the separate forums for particular models, so I will start one in each of those sections.

If you are able to assist with specs on body emblem placement for the models in this section, please post them in this thread.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door sedan 283 4 speed 43,000 miles


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 118
Date:

Hi guys special thank you too darryl ..Pontiacanada for the Custom Sport trunk emblem for my 64 all the work and money I have spent so far on my car comes second to the emblem, means alot that he took the time to go out of this way to help me out.and I am sure I was a pain in the azz .once on the car it will stay as long as I own it,,so gratefull..Now has anyone a close up pic of thier emblem on their trunk so I can put it on roughly as per factory ? there are no holes in my trunk.either filled or a replaced trunk ? Thanks guys and Thank you again Darryl

__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 118
Date:

opps for got to ask but My C/S dont have a parisenne emblem in the left side front grill I have noticed some do and some dont ? is this normal or should all have this there thanks guys

__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 863
Date:

Bill shuba wrote:

opps for got to ask but My C/S dont have a parisenne emblem in the left side front grill I have noticed some do and some dont ? is this normal or should all have this there thanks guys

All full size pontiacs ive seen have the PONTIAC emblem.

 



Attachments
__________________

pontiax- (canadian pontiac X frame)1964 Parisienne 2dr. hdtop lagoon aqua metallic (Q)

 



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 118
Date:

ah your right Pontiax don't know what I was thinking ? Thanks ok another item on my list !

__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 242
Date:

If my memory serves me correctly, the Pontiac emblem on the driver's side grille of a '64 Strato Chief, Laurentian, or Parisienne will be the same as the one on a Custom Sport. You should have no problem finding one from the lesser models.

__________________

--Pritch--

'76 Cougar XR7 (original owner); '52 Mercury Monterey 2 dr HT (Future Project)

2013 Mustang

2010 Ford Ranger

'93 MX5

'64 Custom Sport Ragtop (Factory M20)



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 16697
Date:

Pritch wrote:

If my memory serves me correctly, the Pontiac emblem on the driver's side grille of a '64 Strato Chief, Laurentian, or Parisienne will be the same as the one on a Custom Sport. You should have no problem finding one from the lesser models.


Yep. 



__________________

Prince Edward Islandbug.gif

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 16697
Date:

Bill shuba wrote:

Hi guys special thank you too darryl ..Pontiacanada for the Custom Sport trunk emblem for my 64 all the work and money I have spent so far on my car comes second to the emblem, means alot that he took the time to go out of this way to help me out.and I am sure I was a pain in the azz .once on the car it will stay as long as I own it,,so gratefull..Now has anyone a close up pic of thier emblem on their trunk so I can put it on roughly as per factory ? there are no holes in my trunk.either filled or a replaced trunk ? Thanks guys and Thank you again Darryl


No problem Bill. My azz isn't hurting!biggrin

I can measure the trunk emblem holes on my Parisienne for you. 



__________________

Prince Edward Islandbug.gif

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 118
Date:

Thanks Darryl I had a better look in the trunk today and the holes are there just filled over shouldnt be to hard to open them up before paint..

__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 16697
Date:

Bill shuba wrote:

Thanks Darryl I had a better look in the trunk today and the holes are there just filled over shouldnt be to hard to open them up before paint..


If it doesn't work out, let me know if you still need a picture. 



__________________

Prince Edward Islandbug.gif

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
.
.
.