Photobucket
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Who is the youngest and oldest member in Canadian Poncho?


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 159
Date:
Who is the youngest and oldest member in Canadian Poncho?


58 poncho fan wrote:

Well since I came into this world in July 1938 and if my math is correct I am 81 and a half. Perhaps this gives me the record of being the oldest CP member. Speaking of birthdays my 65 Thunderbird is 55 today. Sorry to get off the track. Bob.


 I want to start off by saying congratulations  on being  one of the oldest  probably  coolest  car car  guys  around.. I'm Eddy ,

And I hope one day I can say something  along those words. A big happy  birthday  to your ride!!!!!



-- Edited by Yukon man on Thursday 5th of March 2020 10:21:23 PM

__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5991
Date:

58 poncho fan wrote:

Well since I came into this world in July 1938 and if my math is correct I am 81 and a half. Perhaps this gives me the record of being the oldest CP member. Speaking of birthdays my 65 Thunderbird is 55 today. Sorry to get off the track. Bob.


 I can officially say that Mr. Bob Crocker is one of the most decent old car guys i have ever met in my life. It is always an old car pleasure talking to you sir and i am looking forward to checking out your new found oldie. Cheers. 



-- Edited by long stroke on Thursday 5th of March 2020 03:19:43 PM

__________________

1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe sedan restored 261 six

1974 Chevrolet Caprice Estate wagon low mileage original 400 V-8



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 471
Date:

I just found this thread...
Professur wrote:

I felt 18 this morning ... but she likes me and isn't pressing charges.


 That is hilarious!!
(even if the post was done six years ago!)

I haven't been here too long;
I continue to find my actual age to be frightening, but feel as though I am a least a decade younger than I am.
so..

I am fourty-three, but have finally accepted being thirty-three.
My car is fifty.

I have no recent pictures of myself with my car, as it's been off the road for a while, but I can be briefly seen in some of my youtube videos.



__________________

1970 Formula 400
Carousel Red on black (std) interior
350hp, Hurst shifted Muncie 3 speed, steel wheels w/poverty caps
1:411 1970 Firebird Formulas originally sold in Canada

Luke 23: 39-43 / Ephesians 2: 8-9  / 1 Corinthians 2:12-14 / 2 Timothy 3:1-5;12



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 19747
Date:

long stroke wrote:
58 poncho fan wrote:

Well since I came into this world in July 1938 and if my math is correct I am 81 and a half. Perhaps this gives me the record of being the oldest CP member. Speaking of birthdays my 65 Thunderbird is 55 today. Sorry to get off the track. Bob.


 I can officially say that Mr. Bob Crocker is one of the most decent old car guys i have ever met in my life. It is always an old car pleasure talking to you sir and i am looking forward to checking out your new found oldie. Cheers. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

George, I want to make a friendly amendment to what you wrote as follows: 

 Mr. Bob Crocker is one of the most decent persons I have ever met in my life



__________________

Ray White, Toronto ON

1973 LeMans 454 "Astro-Jet"

Built March 9, 1973 - Oshawa ON

1993 Corvette Convertible LT 1

Polo green metallic & tan  - Bowling Green Kentucky 






Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5421
Date:

73SC wrote:
long stroke wrote:
58 poncho fan wrote:

Well since I came into this world in July 1938 and if my math is correct I am 81 and a half. Perhaps this gives me the record of being the oldest CP member. Speaking of birthdays my 65 Thunderbird is 55 today. Sorry to get off the track. Bob.


 I can officially say that Mr. Bob Crocker is one of the most decent old car guys i have ever met in my life. It is always an old car pleasure talking to you sir and i am looking forward to checking out your new found oldie. Cheers. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

George, I want to make a friendly amendment to what you wrote as follows: 

 Mr. Bob Crocker is one of the most decent persons I have ever met in my life


 Sorry Ray..doesn't have the same effect. When you say "Old car guy" everyone knows what kind of "person" your talking about!



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5421
Date:

Both my car and I were born in 66. She had a major face lift in 2016 ,lots of wrinkle cream(bondo). Me...not yet..but getting there!!



-- Edited by hawkeye5766 on Saturday 7th of March 2020 12:12:48 AM

__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Date:

Thanks guys for your kind words.  Heck I am still just a car fanatic who was lucky enough to grow up during the best years of both viewing and owning some of the most beautiful cars of our times.  It has been great living during the era of wild paint schemes, chrome, fins and speed.  The fact that we will never see those type of cars in production again is a shame.  Guess that is the reason we still like to own one or more as great memories of the years gone by. Bob.



__________________

 

1965 Thunderbird Special Landau 10th Anniversary Limited Edition only 4500 built 34,800 miles

 

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5991
Date:

58 poncho fan wrote:

Thanks guys for your kind words.  Heck I am still just a car fanatic who was lucky enough to grow up during the best years of both viewing and owning some of the most beautiful cars of our times.  It has been great living during the era of wild paint schemes, chrome, fins and speed.  The fact that we will never see those type of cars in production again is a shame.  Guess that is the reason we still like to own one or more as great memories of the years gone by. Bob.


 Bob, in all seriousness here. I actually kind of envy you because you lived in the best of times. I am 61 and i know this is going to sound real weird but i would have preferred to be around my mid eighties by now. For me that is the best generation that ever lived, my parents generation. My generation was really the beginning of the end as far as i am concerned. I am thankful that at least my generation had a sample of good times. I can not help but feel sadness for these generations after. I do not want to offend anyone here and i am not trying to be a downer but i just can not help feeling the way i do. Cheers. 



__________________

1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe sedan restored 261 six

1974 Chevrolet Caprice Estate wagon low mileage original 400 V-8



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 471
Date:

Wow lucky you Bob!

I get weekly visits from a WWII vet at my work, and it dawned on me a while ago, that when my Firebird was brand new, he was fifty years old.
Man, to see what that man has seen...
Too bad he's not really a car guy.

__________________

1970 Formula 400
Carousel Red on black (std) interior
350hp, Hurst shifted Muncie 3 speed, steel wheels w/poverty caps
1:411 1970 Firebird Formulas originally sold in Canada

Luke 23: 39-43 / Ephesians 2: 8-9  / 1 Corinthians 2:12-14 / 2 Timothy 3:1-5;12



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Online
Posts: 4297
Date:

long stroke wrote:
58 poncho fan wrote:

Thanks guys for your kind words.  Heck I am still just a car fanatic who was lucky enough to grow up during the best years of both viewing and owning some of the most beautiful cars of our times.  It has been great living during the era of wild paint schemes, chrome, fins and speed.  The fact that we will never see those type of cars in production again is a shame.  Guess that is the reason we still like to own one or more as great memories of the years gone by. Bob.


 Bob, in all seriousness here. I actually kind of envy you because you lived in the best of times. I am 61 and i know this is going to sound real weird but i would have preferred to be around my mid eighties by now. For me that is the best generation that ever lived, my parents generation. My generation was really the beginning of the end as far as i am concerned. I am thankful that at least my generation had a sample of good times. I can not help but feel sadness for these generations after. I do not want to offend anyone here and i am not trying to be a downer but i just can not help feeling the way i do. Cheers. 


 I get this George. I'm 62 and was just a few years too young to attain any cars I liked when they were either new or still readily available  (my favorites were made between 55 and 72). I sometimes wish I would have been old enough to acquire a 66-66 Pontiac GP or Impala SS 427 when they were new. I didn't really get a chance to buy anything until the 80s and by then there wasn't much available where I live. Rust had eaten it up.  



__________________

62 Catalina 2 dr post project

69 Parisienne 2 dr ht 427

68 Impala SS427 convt project

Misc. 66-69 BB Chevy B bodies

55 Bel Air 2 dr post 265PP/PG

11 C63 AMG Mercedes sedan

 



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 20274
Date:

I'm a tweener.biggrin



__________________

Prince Edward Island

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5991
Date:

mike667 wrote:

Im 29 but my friends say I act like I am 50confusewink


 Just wait till your 50, then you might be acting like you are 70. biggrin



__________________

1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe sedan restored 261 six

1974 Chevrolet Caprice Estate wagon low mileage original 400 V-8



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4556
Date:

long stroke wrote:
mike667 wrote:

Im 29 but my friends say I act like I am 50confusewink


 Just wait till your 50, then you might be acting like you are 70. biggrin


 That may be how you feel George,but being almost 73, I can say I don't act my age. (...and acting your age,what does that mean?)

This car hobby has made me a lot of friends many more than half my age, and it makes me feel as young as they are.

Age is a state of mind. Keeping busy is a big help in feeling younger. 

Take care of your health,both physically and mentally and growing old will be good.

-G   wink



__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3738
Date:

Im probably one of the youngest, 42.

Born 10 years too late to really cash in on the beaumont population.  But i am doing my best to preserve what is left!



__________________

Beaumontguru

MY BEAUMONT HAS 4 STUDDED TIRES AND 2 BLOCKHEATERS......AND LOTS OF OIL UNDERNEATH.  The other one has a longer roof.



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Online
Posts: 4297
Date:

Greaser has the right attitude. Keep busy, stay young. I like to think that's what I'm doing. It's my father's approach and he's now 95.



__________________

62 Catalina 2 dr post project

69 Parisienne 2 dr ht 427

68 Impala SS427 convt project

Misc. 66-69 BB Chevy B bodies

55 Bel Air 2 dr post 265PP/PG

11 C63 AMG Mercedes sedan

 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 48
Date:

I'm going to say what my DAD once told me . Same age as my tongue, older than my teeth.

__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2485
Date:

Born in the Musclecar era ie 1964 :)



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 | Page of 3  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
<
.
.
.