Photobucket
Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: This would be pretty cool restored


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 304
Date:
This would be pretty cool restored


Not saying it would be easy or cheap.....

 

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/edmonton/rare-1960-chevy-2dr-panel-esso-imperial-oil-tagged/1336070276?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

 

 



__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1144
Date:

Only 2 ppl I can think of that might tackle that.Kevin aka 70 SS Acadian and 66Rusty Rag.LMAO



-- Edited by GrtDanes on Tuesday 27th of February 2018 09:26:15 PM

__________________
"The pursuit of perfection is frustrating and a waste of time because nothing is ever perfect. The pursuit of excellence is commendable and worth while. Therefore strive for excellence, not perfection"


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3015
Date:

It has provenance. It would take some donor parts, port-o-jack  & fabrication skills. Did they say whether a six or eight? Either way a rare vehicle. Should be saved.



__________________

67 Chevelle Malibu Sport Coupe, Oshawa-built stocker 250 Powerglide 40,000 mile

Also in garage waiting: stroker 296 cid inline six & built TH350

Cameron Milne, Toronto.


I am a walking encyclopedia with numerous pages missing.



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5044
Date:

In today's world, "provenance" doesn't mean much any more!!! A car friend of mine had the DIVCO truck used in the Hudson Bros. TV show "Razzle Dazzle" Didn't mean a thing to buyers. He also has a 28 Model A panel that was "Mothers Pizza promotional vehicle!! Only a few people knew or remembered the Co. He just took the logo off it & repainted it it in different paint scheme . This sedan delivery is a rare one but IMO it's a $ pit!!! You'd really have to a love for it to do it??

__________________

I joined the PROCRASTINATOR club last year,we still haven't had a meeting yet.    !!!!!!!! BLACKSTOCK Ont.



Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3982
Date:

Wow is that ever neat.



__________________

1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe sedan restored 261 six

1974 Chevrolet Caprice Estate wagon low milage original 400 V-8



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1253
Date:

dualquadpete wrote:

In today's world, "provenance" doesn't mean much any more!!! A car friend of mine had the DIVCO truck used in the Hudson Bros. TV show "Razzle Dazzle" Didn't mean a thing to buyers. He also has a 28 Model A panel that was "Mothers Pizza promotional vehicle!! Only a few people knew or remembered the Co. He just took the logo off it & repainted it it in different paint scheme . This sedan delivery is a rare one but IMO it's a $ pit!!! You'd really have to a love for it to do it??


 Neat project for sure - I have to agree with Pete 100% I think today the bulk of the buyers are not buying for the specific nostalgia behind the vehicle. sure they are buying for certain numbers but seem more from a bragging rights standpoint. this would be a neat project and something different but its going to take commitment.



__________________

signature 

 



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1419
Date:

I got the 4 speed clutch pedal etc. to convert my Elco from a PG out of this one. It has a matching trailer and he has a matching black 60 SD as well.

Jens59SDdoneHIRES1.jpg

59%20trailer.jpg

 



__________________

63 Pariesienne sport coupe (The Big GTO), black, maroon interior, 409 4 speed; former owner of a 59 El Camino, 63 Corvette SWC, 62 Chev Bel Air SC. Parting out a 63 Parisienne convertible.

Mahone Bay, NS Still not old enough to need an automatic

MC


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4042
Date:

Urban_suburban wrote:
dualquadpete wrote:

In today's world, "provenance" doesn't mean much any more!!! A car friend of mine had the DIVCO truck used in the Hudson Bros. TV show "Razzle Dazzle" Didn't mean a thing to buyers. He also has a 28 Model A panel that was "Mothers Pizza promotional vehicle!! Only a few people knew or remembered the Co. He just took the logo off it & repainted it it in different paint scheme . This sedan delivery is a rare one but IMO it's a $ pit!!! You'd really have to a love for it to do it??


 Neat project for sure - I have to agree with Pete 100% I think today the bulk of the buyers are not buying for the specific nostalgia behind the vehicle. sure they are buying for certain numbers but seem more from a bragging rights standpoint. this would be a neat project and something different but its going to take commitment.


 I agree, many buyers seem less interested in its history and more interested in making their high school dream car, or following some kind of trend (i.e. rat rod, etc.).  Nothing wrong with that, as you may as well be happy with it once you go through the expense and effort to do it, but the result is that history is not preserved.

To be restored back to its Esso livery, you would either need to find just the right buyer who is really into light commercial stuff (similar to the guys who restore police cars and antique big rigs) and doesn't mind the challenge of a serious project, or perhaps if there was some interest from corporate side to restore one of their old service vehicles for display or advertisement - but then they would probably go the cheapest way and paint up a car in better condition, even if it's not an original one.  Perhaps if the CEO of Esso Canada was a car guy it could happen...



__________________
MC


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4042
Date:

DonSSDD wrote:

I got the 4 speed clutch pedal etc. to convert my Elco from a PG out of this one. It has a matching trailer and he has a matching black 60 SD as well.

 


 That's pretty cool, Don.  I notice he has a '58 trailer as well.  Is that one from the south shore?



__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1419
Date:

Iowa, met him via ChevyTalk. He has a 58 2 door wagon and matching trailer and is currently finishing one to match his 60 SD.

__________________

63 Pariesienne sport coupe (The Big GTO), black, maroon interior, 409 4 speed; former owner of a 59 El Camino, 63 Corvette SWC, 62 Chev Bel Air SC. Parting out a 63 Parisienne convertible.

Mahone Bay, NS Still not old enough to need an automatic



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 16483
Date:

Love the wagon, but empty the deep recesses of your wallet.



__________________

Prince Edward Islandbug.gif

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1419
Date:

Does all his own restorations, drive a snow plow in the winter, he's one of us...........

__________________

63 Pariesienne sport coupe (The Big GTO), black, maroon interior, 409 4 speed; former owner of a 59 El Camino, 63 Corvette SWC, 62 Chev Bel Air SC. Parting out a 63 Parisienne convertible.

Mahone Bay, NS Still not old enough to need an automatic



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5477
Date:

GrtDanes wrote:

Only 2 ppl I can think of that might tackle that.Kevin aka 70 SS Acadian and 66Rusty Rag.LMAO



-- Edited by GrtDanes on Tuesday 27th of February 2018 09:26:15 PM


 Have to have you switch over to can beer so I can use empties as patch panelsbiggrin



__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1144
Date:

That's what I get buddy,your welcome to em.

__________________
"The pursuit of perfection is frustrating and a waste of time because nothing is ever perfect. The pursuit of excellence is commendable and worth while. Therefore strive for excellence, not perfection"
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
.
.
.