Members Login
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Door covers.

Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1658
Door covers.

hi all, what are the plastic liners called that are glued on the inside of the doors to cover door holes and protect the doorcards from moisture? And where do you get them? And what do you use to glue them on? Sikaflex?




cutting a roof off a four door is NOT a convertible.....

65 Parisienne of 49 built for RHD export market,402BBC, T400, 2500 stally, posi rear, upgraded brakes with front discs, old proflo efi custom built by me.

Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1371

Im not a numbers matching guy, so I use heavy vapour barrier held in place with duct tape.


Eric - Regina, SK

The Projects:

1935 Chev 3 Window Std Coupe

1957 Chev 2dr 

1967 Mustang Convertible

1969 Firebird 350HO Convertible

1969 Camaro X11-V8

1969 2+2 was a 396

1969 2+2 427

1980 Harley FXWG

1986 CJ7 Jeep



Status: Offline
Posts: 592

I forget the official GM name but they tend to call them water shields. They are offered by all the repro houses (order for Impala). The factory ones were paper with a tar coating on the inside but repros are generally clear plastic now.

They were installed by tucking the bottom edge into the slot on the inner door skin (critical so water goes back into the door instead of on the bottom of the door panel). The sides were held with very thin dum-dum piping so you can remove and reinstall if needed and the top was usually held with a few small strips of tape.




16 1969 American Pontiacs

and a 1969 Canadian 2+2 Hardtop

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount: