Photobucket
Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Hi Poncho lovers!!


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Date:
Hi Poncho lovers!!


Hi everyone. New to the site.

Soonly I will be acquiring the neighbours garage stored 65' Parisienne Wagon. Its Red in colour hence my moniker. I have one pic of vin. More to come once he gets her out of the garage storage cocoon. Ha HA.

I have attempted to research specs, options and Vin with little luck. I see many people just post there vins etc but where are you guys getting your info? I will probably be posting lots of question. Help would be appreciated.

I was told it is a 1965. I will get cowl code soon. Here is the pillar code. These number don't seem to line up with what am researching. Could someone decode please?

GM of Kanada 3783564162

Thanks to the administrators for keeping this site alive!!



Attachments
__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 892
Date:

Welcome !

There are a lot of wagon lovers here !

George took this pic of one like yours in Niagara,

65 wagon.JPG

 



Attachments
__________________

https://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/t63333628/click-here-to-support-canadian-poncho/

Randy(Muttwood)



Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3283
Date:

Ol Red Wagon wrote:

Hi everyone. New to the site.

Soonly I will be acquiring the neighbours garage stored 65' Parisienne Wagon. Its Red in colour hence my moniker. I have one pic of vin. More to come once he gets her out of the garage storage cocoon. Ha HA.

I have attempted to research specs, options and Vin with little luck. I see many people just post there vins etc but where are you guys getting your info? I will probably be posting lots of question. Help would be appreciated.

I was told it is a 1965. I will get cowl code soon. Here is the pillar code. These number don't seem to line up with what am researching. Could someone decode please?

GM of Kanada 3783564162

Thanks to the administrators for keeping this site alive!!


Look like you have a 1963 Parisienne 2-seat wagon there. Post pics when you get it out of storage.



-- Edited by 67Poncho on Monday 12th of August 2019 02:02:04 PM

__________________

Vincent Jr.



Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Date:

Ok Cool. Now how did you decipher that? 



__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3629
Date:

Ol Red Wagon wrote:

Ok Cool. Now how did you decipher that? 


 3  78  35  64162

 

3   year  (1963)

78 series designation  ( Parisienne V8 )  77 would indicate 6 cyl. Parisienne

35 body style   (wagon)  

64162  Production number from the factory

-G

Welcome from Calgary.



__________________
 


Newbie

Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Date:

Thats fantastic! Thanks!  Is there a vin decoder online? Or do you have a manual? If so could you provide a link? Cannot find info for Canadian models. Is there a visual ID available? Like what a 63 vs 67 tail looks like. ETC. Brochures different models and styles /options? Lot of American info little Canadian. Any help would be huge!



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 17735
Date:

Welcome from Canada's east coast!



__________________

Prince Edward Islandbug.gif

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 21687
Date:

Welcome aboard!

__________________

Todd
Site Founder

Like us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/CanadianPoncho

Canadian Poncho World Headquarters - Prince Edward Island

 



Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3283
Date:

Ol Red Wagon wrote:

Ok Cool. Now how did you decipher that? 


  Many of us on here has had experience with decoding serial numbers and trim tags. You should try and find a master parts catalogue like the one I have pictured below in your search. 

B4DF201E-4343-48E9-808A-A8F380363AC4.jpeg

8896F1AF-ECA7-4A2C-82CB-C16BA8AE5839.jpeg

E7905915-0B75-4D06-B73B-001FBB807A0A.jpeg

 

BAC6DD51-9901-4E83-A4D4-4B60602B6D00.jpeg



Attachments
__________________

Vincent Jr.

MC


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4912
Date:

Ol Red Wagon wrote:

Thats fantastic! Thanks!  Is there a vin decoder online? Or do you have a manual? If so could you provide a link? Cannot find info for Canadian models. Is there a visual ID available? Like what a 63 vs 67 tail looks like. ETC. Brochures different models and styles /options? Lot of American info little Canadian. Any help would be huge!


 Brochures:  '63...  http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/static/Canada/Pontiac/1963%20Pontiac%20Brochure/dirindex.html

1963%20Pontiac%20_Cdn_-10.jpg

'65... http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/static/Canada/Pontiac/1965%20Pontiac%20Brochure/index1.html

n_1965%20Pontiac%20(Cdn)-12-13.jpg

The Old Car Manual Project - brochures:  http://www.oldcarbrochures.com/



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6063
Date:

As stated above many of us have a large resource library Keep asking your questions. And well chime in

__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 39557
Date:

7 guys. Not a bad turnout. I think it's safe to say a good time was had by all. Definitely a highlight was seeing Mike's newly finished Nova. And there's always some good laughs!



__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 43,000 original miles


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 39557
Date:

Whoops, posted that in the wrong thread! Stupid phone!

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 43,000 original miles


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 17735
Date:

4SPEED427 wrote:

Whoops, posted that in the wrong thread! Stupid phone!


 Derailer.biggrin



__________________

Prince Edward Islandbug.gif

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 39557
Date:

I hate using my phone to do internet stuff. Everything is too small, always clicking on the wrong stuff. I don't know how some guys do it, honestly.

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 43,000 original miles


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3629
Date:

4SPEED427 wrote:

I hate using my phone to do internet stuff. Everything is too small, always clicking on the wrong stuff. I don't know how some guys do it, honestly.


 The solution......

Image result for big cell phone



__________________
 


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 39557
Date:

That would be perfect.

Sorry for the derail here Warren.

Any updates on the wagon?

__________________
1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 43,000 original miles
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
.
.
.