Photobucket
Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Cheap basic GPS wanted


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 40181
Date:
Cheap basic GPS wanted


Any of you local (Southern Manitoba) guys have a cheap GPS for sale? I'm looking for something very basic, doesn't need to be the latest updates or have all the bells and whistles. I don't have a cell phone with a data plan so it would be nice sometimes to have something.



__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 982
Date:

If you have to buy new, Garmin is very good. Quality and ease of use. Free lifetime updates.

on sale at best buy this week.7698EE84-0C4A-4A05-AE65-70ABCAE8BA69.png



-- Edited by pontiax on Monday 4th of November 2019 07:06:07 AM

Attachments
__________________

pontiax- (canadian pontiac X frame)1964 Parisienne 2dr. hdtop lagoon aqua metallic (Q)

 



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 40181
Date:

Thanks but I won't be spending that kind of money on a GPS which will seldom be used. There's tons of used ones out there for $20-$30 and I'm fine with one that doesn't have the latest updates in it.

__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1925
Date:

4SPEED427 wrote:

Any of you local (Southern Manitoba) guys have a cheap GPS for sale? I'm looking for something very basic, doesn't need to be the latest updates or have all the bells and whistles. I don't have a cell phone with a data plan so it would be nice sometimes to have something.


  If you know what the area you will be in and have Google maps on your cell phone you can download offline maps when you have wifi and use it when you have no data. The GPS on your phone doesn't use data except to load the map details.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 982
Date:

4SPEED427 wrote:

Thanks but I won't be spending that kind of money on a GPS which will seldom be used. There's tons of used ones out there for $20-$30 and I'm fine with one that doesn't have the latest updates in it.


 I dug thru my electronics toy  box and found a functioning Tom Tom xl.  I E2173A1E-0237-4E6A-8366-7C1AD01581AE.jpegcan bring it to coffee tomorrow. You may have it as i got a new one for my birthday last June.



Attachments
__________________

pontiax- (canadian pontiac X frame)1964 Parisienne 2dr. hdtop lagoon aqua metallic (Q)

 



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 40181
Date:

Deal! There will be some form of payment, I just have to figure out what!

__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 982
Date:

4SPEED427 wrote:

Deal! There will be some form of payment, I just have to figure out what!


           Around of donuts at coffee for all attending members. (That might draw in one or two members).



__________________

pontiax- (canadian pontiac X frame)1964 Parisienne 2dr. hdtop lagoon aqua metallic (Q)

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
.
.
.