Photobucket
Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: What a little polising can do! 1956 Star Chief content!


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 212
Date:
What a little polising can do! 1956 Star Chief content!


Still assessing the shape of my new purchase, a 1956 Star Chief Custom Catalina.

 

Here's what a good polishing of an old (partly original) paint can do:

 

 

 






__________________

1959 Pontiac Parisienne 2 door hardtop Sport Coupe

1956 Pontiac Star Chief Custom Catalina 4 door hardtop

1956 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe 4 door sedan



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 23274
Date:

Fantastic!

__________________

Todd
Site Founder

Like us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/CanadianPoncho

Canadian Poncho World Headquarters - Prince Edward Island

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6723
Date:

How satisfying is that! She must really drive smooth now, and it feels better putting your arm out the window and touching that smooth roof.



__________________
67' Grande Parisienne. Ex Ottawa USSR Embassy car, 67- 68.
6977017306_dfca361bfc_m.jpg
 


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6053
Date:

Wow, very nice.

__________________
Jerel


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 142
Date:

Beautiful!!!

__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1266
Date:

The beauty of Nitrocellulose lacquer paint. Americian built pontiacs used lacquer paint and Canadian cars used Dupont enamel
Very nice shine !

Al

__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 19046
Date:

Is that ever a nice looking car, wow!



__________________

Ray White, Toronto ON

1973 LeMans 454 "Astro-Jet"

Built March 9, 1973 - Oshawa ON

1993 Corvette Convertible LT 1

Polo green metallic & tan  - Bowling Green Kentucky 






Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5710
Date:

What a B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. 56 Pontiac (sport sedan). Any engine bay photos of that sweet looking car. I think that year American Pontiac's had a 287 V-8. What are the future plans for the car and any story tied to it. Is there a write some where else on C.P. 



__________________

1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe sedan restored 261 six

1974 Chevrolet Caprice Estate wagon low mileage original 400 V-8



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 212
Date:

Thanks for the good words! I did not do a write up on this car, yet. I will start a thread devoted to it in a few days.


engine is a 317 c.i.

 

 

871EFE01-5B98-4BED-9678-7BC75CB5682F.jpeg5548FFE2-D47B-4F3B-8CAA-6B7999DEB2E4.jpegAF0306AA-EA73-4DF7-BC50-30B97BB04635.jpeg8EFB39C4-E012-44E3-AC5E-F55BD4E68D05.jpeg00E12515-85FB-45F0-958A-A62522AF350F.jpeg



Attachments
__________________

1959 Pontiac Parisienne 2 door hardtop Sport Coupe

1956 Pontiac Star Chief Custom Catalina 4 door hardtop

1956 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe 4 door sedan



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5710
Date:

Wow wow and wow, that car is a major league beauty. You are making me kind of jealous right. 



__________________

1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe sedan restored 261 six

1974 Chevrolet Caprice Estate wagon low mileage original 400 V-8



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 212
Date:

long stroke wrote:

Wow wow and wow, that car is a major league beauty. You are making me kind of jealous right. 


 Thanks! 

I really love it too! It might become my number one over my 59 actually!

 

the interior is just superb! I just have to replace the black carpet with a correct pink one...

 

 

49BC9677-98A5-42D1-870E-DBBB565F70A6.jpeg4DBFC350-DC73-4ACA-ACA1-FD7C25F854BA.jpeg4EAF7BB1-B158-470A-B2A4-16190FD5CFD2.jpegA664D834-BE3A-4E4F-AE25-8C3992CA99C1.jpeg



Attachments
__________________

1959 Pontiac Parisienne 2 door hardtop Sport Coupe

1956 Pontiac Star Chief Custom Catalina 4 door hardtop

1956 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe 4 door sedan



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 23274
Date:

And to think this car was headed to the junkyard!

__________________

Todd
Site Founder

Like us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/CanadianPoncho

Canadian Poncho World Headquarters - Prince Edward Island

 



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 212
Date:

Canadian Poncho wrote:

And to think this car was headed to the junkyard!


 Indeed. Would have been crushed by now if I had not Bought it.



__________________

1959 Pontiac Parisienne 2 door hardtop Sport Coupe

1956 Pontiac Star Chief Custom Catalina 4 door hardtop

1956 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe 4 door sedan



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5710
Date:

59paris wrote:
Canadian Poncho wrote:

And to think this car was headed to the junkyard!


 Indeed. Would have been crushed by now if I had not Bought it.


 WHAT THE HELL !!!!! What am i missing hear. What is the story on that. What kind of numb skull would have trashed this beauty. confuse



__________________

1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe sedan restored 261 six

1974 Chevrolet Caprice Estate wagon low mileage original 400 V-8



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 212
Date:

long stroke wrote:
59paris wrote:
Canadian Poncho wrote:

And to think this car was headed to the junkyard!


 Indeed. Would have been crushed by now if I had not Bought it.


 WHAT THE HELL !!!!! What am i missing hear. What is the story on that. What kind of numb skull would have trashed this beauty. confuse


 

 

Hahaha! I don,t mean to be such a teaser, I just did not have time to do it. I will tell the wole story in a coming thread! But, Todd is right, it was an estate sale, the widow is rich, did not care about her late husband's cars. She crushed 13 of them before I got there (not all as nice as this one though). 



__________________

1959 Pontiac Parisienne 2 door hardtop Sport Coupe

1956 Pontiac Star Chief Custom Catalina 4 door hardtop

1956 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe 4 door sedan



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 347
Date:

Hello what a beautiful car you now own. One thing though if you would like to replace the silver Mylar trim on the interior door panels I have enough new old stock to do the four doors. Would let it go for $50.00 plus shipping. It would really spruce up the interior. PM me if your interested.  Thanks from Bob in South Western Ontario.



-- Edited by 58 poncho fan on Thursday 6th of August 2020 02:53:28 PM

__________________

 

1965 Thunderbird Special Landau 10th Anniversary Limited Edition only 4500 built 34,800 miles

 

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5710
Date:

59paris wrote:
long stroke wrote:
59paris wrote:
Canadian Poncho wrote:

And to think this car was headed to the junkyard!


 Indeed. Would have been crushed by now if I had not Bought it.


 WHAT THE HELL !!!!! What am i missing hear. What is the story on that. What kind of numb skull would have trashed this beauty. confuse


 

 

Hahaha! I don,t mean to be such a teaser, I just did not have time to do it. I will tell the wole story in a coming thread! But, Todd is right, it was an estate sale, the widow is rich, did not care about her late husband's cars. She crushed 13 of them before I got there (not all as nice as this one though). 


 I can not say here on C.P. what i think of this poor dead guys wife. She should have kicked the bucket long before him. disbelief



__________________

1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe sedan restored 261 six

1974 Chevrolet Caprice Estate wagon low mileage original 400 V-8



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5710
Date:

58 poncho fan wrote:

Hello what a beautiful car you now own. One thing though if you would like to replace the silver Mylar trim on the interior door panels I have enough new old stock to do the four doors. Would let it go for $50.00 plus shipping. It would really spruce up the interior. PM me if your interested.  Thanks from Bob in South Western Ontario.



-- Edited by 58 poncho fan on Thursday 6th of August 2020 02:53:28 PM


 Sounds like a super deal on that original interior material and by the way, Bob is a super guy to deal with. Bob is beyond being honest. 



__________________

1957 Pontiac Pathfinder Deluxe sedan restored 261 six

1974 Chevrolet Caprice Estate wagon low mileage original 400 V-8

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
<
.
.
.