Photobucket
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 66 Grande in the garage.....only took 2 1/2 months to purchase!!!!


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5382
Date:
RE: 66 Grande in the garage.....only took 2 1/2 months to purchase!!!!


jmont64 wrote:

Well Mark if you have a little extra time I would say enjoy the trip with some shorter days and smell the roses along the way. Members will probably have someplace to show you something interesting in their area.


 x2!!! A lot of great off the path viewing on our trip. We had so much fun...craving to do another!! I actually had 2 trips. One with the f-350 when the car bust 2 days before we left and another the next year with the Canso. Good people..good times! Sometimes you need to lift off the pedal to enjoy the ride. Remember it's a trip...not a race.... A great memory from a few years back near Rogers .....what a trip!!!

 

IMG_6993.JPG



__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 271
Date:

Does the car have a set of roof racks to put a pair or rear quarters on.

__________________

65 SD Convertible



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6258
Date:

I think I have an AM radio from a 66 Parisienne around here somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up, test it and if working I can donate it to the cause.

__________________
70 2+2 convertible
70 2+2 hardtop
70 Parisienne hardtop
72 GMC Sierra

 

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5382
Date:

seventy2plus2 wrote:

I think I have an AM radio from a 66 Parisienne around here somewhere. I'll see if I can dig it up, test it and if working I can donate it to the cause.


 Sweet! I'll fix the antenna...if you didn't notice smile



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5382
Date:

Boy...we might have the whole car rebuilt by the time it goes back!biggrin



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5382
Date:

ROSIES CAR wrote:

Does the car have a set of roof racks to put a pair or rear quarters on.


 um..it's a Perisienne...1/4's will fit in the trunk along with a few 24's shipped to Dougie. He likes imported beer.biggrin



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 43895
Date:

Even if it's short, we must fit in a CP coffee break when you come through. If restrictions are on, we'll do it outside. 



__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles "FAKE_66"



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 271
Date:

hawkeye5766 wrote:
ROSIES CAR wrote:

Does the car have a set of roof racks to put a pair or rear quarters on.


 um..it's a Perisienne...1/4's will fit in the trunk along with a few 24's shipped to Dougie. He likes imported beer.biggrin


 Even if they are Parisienne quarters 



__________________

65 SD Convertible



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5382
Date:

ROSIES CAR wrote:
hawkeye5766 wrote:
ROSIES CAR wrote:

Does the car have a set of roof racks to put a pair or rear quarters on.


 um..it's a Perisienne...1/4's will fit in the trunk along with a few 24's shipped to Dougie. He likes imported beer.biggrin


 Even if they are Parisienne quarters 


 and if they don't....always the passenger seat side(as it folds down)  You'd be amazed what I;ve stuffed in my 03 Cavalier!! Full 1/4's and 1/2 pans !!



__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3206
Date:

Looks like a great idea Kevin, can you call it fake 66 Too?

I assume 8 with L72 would be GPs, wonder how many 66s of all models came with the L72, likely a very low number. Then add to that, a 4 speed, very very rare.

__________________

63 Parisienne sport coupe (The Big GTO), black, maroon interior, 409 4 speed; former owner of a 59 El Camino, 63 Corvette SWC, 62 Chev Bel Air SC. 

Mahone Bay, NS Still not old enough to need an automatic



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1638
Date:

This will be epic! Can't wait till you make it here, a coffee stop with us Winnipeg guys is a must.

__________________

Stony Mountain, MB

65 Impala SS 2dr HT
65 Impala convert.
59 Impala 2dr HT
67 Acadian Canso 2dr HT

 

 

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5382
Date:

Got the old girl in the garage tonight. Some good...some bad. But the bad is minor! Brakes are 80% with clean smooth drums and looks to have newer lines on it, also looks to have shocks that aren't rusted to bits!! Tie rods and ball joints have no slop along with the rag joint. Looks as though someone kept her up! The bad....no lights at all! Have turn/brake but no parking/interior (dash) or headlights? Didn't get time to check fuse/plug/wiring tonight but will check tomorrow night. Anyone have the headlight wiring they could post since I don't have a B body book.

66 grande brakes.JPG

 

Thought I might put in a lift kit and front diff...while she's up in the air....wink  you know the frame is solid when the doors still "click" closed on stands!  and there is a lot hanging out past that rear stand!!!!

 

66 grande lift kit.JPG

 

 

 



Attachments
__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1983
Date:

Hey Keven, Hawkeye is never going to let this toy go.



__________________

https://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/t63333628/click-here-to-support-canadian-poncho/

Randy(Muttwood)



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 43895
Date:

66 CP B

50999437840_9be9cfb17f_b.jpg

51068622621_26566a2a63_b.jpg

51068713957_23bed10000_b.jpg

51067916618_62d40c33b1_b.jpg

50999437650_1dfbe9aa39_b.jpg

 51068713802_fbd02d8064_b.jpg

50999437535_11832986fc_b.jpg

50999437465_d5f808cd62_b.jpg

 



__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles "FAKE_66"



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1638
Date:

Looking good there Jim, be careful though it's easy to fall in love with the B body, and then you will have to get your own.......

__________________

Stony Mountain, MB

65 Impala SS 2dr HT
65 Impala convert.
59 Impala 2dr HT
67 Acadian Canso 2dr HT

 

 

 



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 43895
Date:

Shoot, sorry for the massive drawings! Those are from the assembly manual... Jim, if you want to PM me your email address I'll delete them from here once you save them.

Dano, would you have Jim's email? He's likely sleeping for another 6 or 8 hours before he sees this.......

__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles "FAKE_66"



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1638
Date:

Sorry Carl, I do not.

__________________

Stony Mountain, MB

65 Impala SS 2dr HT
65 Impala convert.
59 Impala 2dr HT
67 Acadian Canso 2dr HT

 

 

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

So what I got from a friend is after checking fuses check light switch. every thing you listed runs though the switch



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 43895
Date:

And these cars have issues with light switches.

On the black 66 I sold to Tom in Edmonton I had to repair a wire to the headlight switch as well as the switch. It had melted and burned off the terminal at the switch. Apparently they ran too much current through the headlight switch. On that car I wired relays in for the headlights. I will likely do my Strato Chief the same way eventually, although I've rarely driven it in the dark.

__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles "FAKE_66"



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

4SPEED427 wrote:

And these cars have issues with light switches.

On the black 66 I sold to Tom in Edmonton I had to repair a wire to the headlight switch as well as the switch. It had melted and burned off the terminal at the switch. Apparently they ran too much current through the headlight switch. On that car I wired relays in for the headlights. I will likely do my Strato Chief the same way eventually, although I've rarely driven it in the dark.


 can a new switch be ordered?



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7842
Date:

Any parts place will have one. Only difference in the new is the running lights will be on with the headlamps.



__________________
65 Laurentian post, 67 Grande Parisienne 4 door HT. 
 


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

cdnpont wrote:

Any parts place will have one. Only difference in the new is the running lights will be on with the headlamps.


 i think i would like that look better



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7842
Date:

A little more conspicuous anyway.



__________________
65 Laurentian post, 67 Grande Parisienne 4 door HT. 
 


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

does seem to be a common AC Delco switch. hoping that is all it is



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

fingers crossed floors are not to bad



__________________
«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 68  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
<
.
.
.