Photobucket
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 66 Grande in the garage.....only took 2 1/2 months to purchase!!!!


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5382
Date:
RE: 66 Grande in the garage.....only took 2 1/2 months to purchase!!!!


67Poncho wrote:
seventy2plus2 wrote:
hawkeye5766 wrote:

She has left the rock and heading East. Put her on the Sea Span barge for the ride. Was a nice "last" cruise with her. Ran smooth and not a wiggle in the wheel. Have fun when she gets there Kevin! Sent a treat in the glove box for you and Dougie. wink

 

grande leaving.JPG


 I guess I'm missing something.  It's being loaded onto a barge, I thought it was being transported via car Carrier from Vancouver Island to Ontario.


 Not to worry, Clint. When he said she has left the Rock and heading east, I thought for a second it was in Newfoundland and headed over seas to the Europeans.. haha.


 Shit...forgot to swap to right hand drive!! biggrin



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

it may have been talked about before but I wonder why Pontiac never had engine size emblems till 1968 when the Chevys had it years earlierconfuse



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 43895
Date:

Sleeper factor....

Beaumonts had some earlier but not Acadians or full size for some reason.

__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles "FAKE_66"



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

4SPEED427 wrote:

Shoot, I wish I knew when it's passing through Winnipeg, I'd toss a care package into it.


 it is headed to a yard I the Peg instead of Calgary now. I can see Carl cutting a hole in the fence to get at her for upgrades



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 43895
Date:

70 SS ACADIAN wrote:
4SPEED427 wrote:

Shoot, I wish I knew when it's passing through Winnipeg, I'd toss a care package into it.


 it is headed to a yard I the Peg instead of Calgary now. I can see Carl cutting a hole in the fence to get at her for upgrades


 C'mon, please please please let me liberate it from the yard for a week or two.....

Will I be able to put a box into it when it's there?



__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles "FAKE_66"



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

So she has made it all the way to Calgary where she sits. The people that have it now are to take it to Winnipeg  for pick up next week. If it doesnt get picked up next week they will bring it to me. Funny thing is I was contacted by a guy that offered to bring the car i was going to buy From Ken to me next week.



__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2177
Date:

I think I photographed that car a couple of years ago in Victoria.

20170906_164221.jpg20170906_164229.jpgGrande Parisienne 001.jpg



Attachments
__________________

Peachland, BC



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 5382
Date:

That is her John. You drove by her twice? Now heading East for a face lift...

__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1291
Date:

hawkeye5766 wrote:
67Poncho wrote:
seventy2plus2 wrote:
hawkeye5766 wrote:

She has left the rock and heading East. Put her on the Sea Span barge for the ride. Was a nice "last" cruise with her. Ran smooth and not a wiggle in the wheel. Have fun when she gets there Kevin! Sent a treat in the glove box for you and Dougie. wink

 

grande leaving.JPG


 I guess I'm missing something.  It's being loaded onto a barge, I thought it was being transported via car Carrier from Vancouver Island to Ontario.


 Not to worry, Clint. When he said she has left the Rock and heading east, I thought for a second it was in Newfoundland and headed over seas to the Europeans.. haha.


 Shit...forgot to swap to right hand drive!! biggrin


 Damn Jim now I cant wait for the car to get here.LMAO



__________________
"The pursuit of perfection is frustrating and a waste of time because nothing is ever perfect. The pursuit of excellence is commendable and worth while. Therefore strive for excellence, not perfection"


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

they say it will be here Fridayhmm I dont care about the car anymore, I just want those BEERS!



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4182
Date:

Yeah you got a way better one already!



__________________

ken from northern Alberta

38 Willys pickup electric powered project

39 Buick (327 with 700 r4)

66 Grande Parisienne 396 with AC (built October 26 1965)

66 Beaumont 4 door hardtop

69 Chevy CST pickup

1976 GMC 23'  motorhome



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 43895
Date:

70 SS ACADIAN wrote:

they say it will be here Fridayhmm I dont care about the car anymore, I just want those BEERS!


 Stopping in Winnipeg?



__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles "FAKE_66"



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

66 Grande guy wrote:

Yeah you got a way better one already!


I have had a lot of fun getting it running Ken, pulled the rad and flushed it out. New rad hoses and reinstalled rad. Poured in new anti freeze and it started running out the bottom of the engine. Found drain plug removed from block. Rob one from another engine and refill. Fired up on the old gas ( need to drain tank and put in fresh ) Have to get new check valve for brake booster then see if I can get brakes working. I will be able to move it around till I tear it apart



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

4SPEED427 wrote:
70 SS ACADIAN wrote:

they say it will be here Fridayhmm I dont care about the car anymore, I just want those BEERS!


 Stopping in Winnipeg?


 no contact with driver. I guess he would never be off the phone with people asking where their car is



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

This is my nephews 70 SS Nova being loaded. Mine is coming on same trailer

IMG_0661.JPG



Attachments
__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4182
Date:

I'd forgotten that I had drained the old girl. Probably had put the plug on the battery tray so it is somewhere in bumpy Saskatchewan.

I hadn't run it since the video so that is about 8 or nine years of aged fuel. Not bad. Glad it worked out.



__________________

ken from northern Alberta

38 Willys pickup electric powered project

39 Buick (327 with 700 r4)

66 Grande Parisienne 396 with AC (built October 26 1965)

66 Beaumont 4 door hardtop

69 Chevy CST pickup

1976 GMC 23'  motorhome



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

She has finally arrived aww

Looks like the top did not survive the tripcryIMG_0663.JPG



Attachments
__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3206
Date:

That has to be one of the longer purchases to start with, then the delivery took longer. She was waiting for nice weather to get to Ontario?

Good ordeal to have over.

__________________

63 Parisienne sport coupe (The Big GTO), black, maroon interior, 409 4 speed; former owner of a 59 El Camino, 63 Corvette SWC, 62 Chev Bel Air SC. 

Mahone Bay, NS Still not old enough to need an automatic



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 23997
Date:

How did the vinyl roof get damaged?

__________________

Todd
Site Founder

Like us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/CanadianPoncho

Canadian Poncho World Headquarters - Prince Edward Island

 



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 43895
Date:

I'm betting the Manitoba wind we had this week had something to do with that!

__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles "FAKE_66"



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7392
Date:

wow

__________________

http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/t51640378/timbuks-first-invader/ http://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/t63146560/timbuks-second-invader/  vancouver island



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

4SPEED427 wrote:

I'm betting the Manitoba wind we had this week had something to do with that!


 dont remember where he said it was but the winds were brutal 



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7187
Date:

70 SS ACADIAN wrote:
4SPEED427 wrote:

I'm betting the Manitoba wind we had this week had something to do with that!


 dont remember where he said it was but the winds were brutal 


 rethinking this I bet he took my car through a lion safari and the monkeys got itno damn monkeys



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 23997
Date:

LOL! I remember going there as a kid and seeing cars with the vinyl roof's torn up. Dad refused to take the 69 Pontiac through because of this and we used one of their zebra striped rentals .

__________________

Todd
Site Founder

Like us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/CanadianPoncho

Canadian Poncho World Headquarters - Prince Edward Island

 



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 875
Date:

When vinyl tops were popular I remember seeing the odd car on the highway with the top all puffed up by air buildup.

Paul

__________________
«First  <  15 6 7 8  >  Last»  | Page of 8  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
<
.
.
.