Photobucket
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 1966 Pontiac Grande Parisienne Convertible 396 Auction, Edmonton


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2028
Date:
1966 Pontiac Grande Parisienne Convertible 396 Auction, Edmonton


July 24, 2021 - Collector Cars - Michener Allen Auctioneering Ltd (auctioneersoftware.com)

1966 Pontiac Grande Parisienne Convertible - Michener Allen Auctioneering Ltd (auctioneersoftware.com)

j9PjXzB3y9wQHDVjrmckv6Qz.jpeg

PgOm9BIQ-pEmgVqsFtqgsAZL.jpeg

dfhygdu_Xg-PAbZNQlS5-VMf.jpeg

Y0cDNpqARXZ3MWqeYdWxjVmE.jpeg

BGUAFWLFmVt15Fx4QG5t0Z9I.jpeg



__________________

https://canadianponcho.activeboard.com/t63333628/click-here-to-support-canadian-poncho/

Randy(Muttwood)



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1310
Date:

It's got "dripper" valve covers. Those are for the high perf BB engines. Hard to find these days......Very cool.

__________________
"No matter how much you change, you still have to pay for the things you've done".


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4202
Date:

Of course there was no such thing as one of these. I have seen this car a number of times in a business in Edmonton. Never seemed to get driven that I saw, but is a nice conversion of  a custom sport convert into what they probably should have offered.



__________________

ken from northern Alberta

38 Willys pickup electric powered project

39 Buick (327 with 700 r4)

66 Grande Parisienne 396 with AC (built October 26 1965)

66 Beaumont 4 door hardtop

69 Chevy CST pickup

1976 GMC 23'  motorhome



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 758
Date:

Still a couple of days left for bidding and current bid is $8,500 for Grande but reserve not met.

80% of the vehicles reserve have not been met so might not be a whole lot of vehicles sold.

__________________

Now appearing as "68 Grande" 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4202
Date:

It'll be interesting to se what it goes for. I thought the market was hot.



-- Edited by 66 Grande guy on Thursday 22nd of July 2021 09:28:13 AM

__________________

ken from northern Alberta

38 Willys pickup electric powered project

39 Buick (327 with 700 r4)

66 Grande Parisienne 396 with AC (built October 26 1965)

66 Beaumont 4 door hardtop

69 Chevy CST pickup

1976 GMC 23'  motorhome



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 758
Date:

66 Grande guy wrote:

It'll be interesting to se what it goes for. I thought the market was hot.


The market might be cooling a bit now as we come out of covid. 

I was speaking with an engine builder that rebuilds motorcycle dirt bike enhanced engines and he was selling everything he had in stock a year ago, cleaned his shelves off and shipped them everywhere including across the pond and now says that is slowing down.

 



__________________

Now appearing as "68 Grande" 



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 410
Date:

We drove up to Edmonton today, to have a look at the selection being offered, some very nice cars and yes cool Pontiac's wow..

The 66 looked a little worst for the wear if you will, sometimes photos certainly do not necessarily show a real portrait the item offered for sale.

But still it's a Poncho (-:



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6286
Date:

66 Grande guy wrote:

Of course there was no such thing as one of these. I have seen this car a number of times in a business in Edmonton. Never seemed to get driven that I saw, but is a nice conversion of  a custom sport convert into what they probably should have offered.


 So what was this car born as?  A Parisienne convertible that someone has added a Grande Parisienne tailpan and badging?



__________________
70 2+2 convertible
70 2+2 hardtop
70 Parisienne hardtop
72 GMC Sierra

 

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6576
Date:

Wow they have rounded up quite a few classic cars.


__________________
Jerel


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 19646
Date:

seventy2plus2 wrote:
66 Grande guy wrote:

Of course there was no such thing as one of these. I have seen this car a number of times in a business in Edmonton. Never seemed to get driven that I saw, but is a nice conversion of  a custom sport convert into what they probably should have offered.


 So what was this car born as?  A Parisienne convertible that someone has added a Grande Parisienne tailpan and badging?


 Yes, that's what the VIN shows, 76467, Parisienne V8 convertible. There is a photo of the VIN on the auction site. 



-- Edited by 73SC on Friday 23rd of July 2021 01:23:00 AM

__________________

Ray White, Toronto ON

1973 LeMans 454 "Astro-Jet"

Built March 9, 1973 - Oshawa ON

1993 Corvette Convertible LT 1

Polo green metallic & tan  - Bowling Green Kentucky 






A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 20080
Date:

carnut70ls4 wrote:

sometimes photos certainly do not necessarily show a real portrait of the item offered for sale.


 It is funny how that happens. You kind of wonder if a truly appreciative buyer gets into his/her own mind that the vehicle is better visually than it actually is.



__________________

Prince Edward Island

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 7254
Date:

Pontiacanada wrote:
carnut70ls4 wrote:

sometimes photos certainly do not necessarily show a real portrait of the item offered for sale.


 It is funny how that happens. You kind of wonder if a truly appreciative buyer gets into his/her own mind that the vehicle is better visually than it actually is.


 a wise person ( Dougie ) once told me if its ugly, drink it pretty



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 20080
Date:

70 SS ACADIAN wrote:
Pontiacanada wrote:
carnut70ls4 wrote:

sometimes photos certainly do not necessarily show a real portrait of the item offered for sale.


 It is funny how that happens. You kind of wonder if a truly appreciative buyer gets into his/her own mind that the vehicle is better visually than it actually is.


 a wise person ( Dougie ) once told me if its ugly, drink it pretty


 Beer gogglesbeer.gif



__________________

Prince Edward Island

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 43968
Date:

Very curious what it will fetch. It sure has potential. 



__________________

1966 Strato Chief 2 door, 427 4 speed, 44,000 original miles "FAKE_66"



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6576
Date:

Interesting sale. Looks like a few reserves were definitely lowered to create some sales. I like how they use the phrase "pending sale" to make it sound like everything has sold. I don't think that is happening.

__________________
Jerel


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 20080
Date:

jmont64 wrote:

I like how they use the phrase "pending sale" to make it sound like everything has sold. I don't think that is happening.


 Marketing 101.



__________________

Prince Edward Island

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
<
.
.
.