Photobucket
Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: Getting Petrol in the electric future


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3303
Date:
Getting Petrol in the electric future


With all this talk about manufacturers converting over to strictly electric one has to wonder how are we going to purchase gas In the future. 

Manufacturers will stop making them but they are still going to be on the Road. 



-- Edited by 65Camino on Sunday 25th of July 2021 07:59:18 AM

__________________

Remember Fun,

 Remember Laughter ?



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 24414
Date:

I suspect there will still be gas stations but fewer numbers of pumps. Kind of like what the propane powered vehicle owners face now.

__________________

Todd
Site Founder

Like us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/CanadianPoncho

Canadian Poncho World Headquarters - Prince Edward Island

 



Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3303
Date:

Pontiacanada Fixed:
65Camino wrote:

With all this talk about manufacturers converting over to strictly electric one has to wonder how are we going to purchase gas In the future. 

Manufacturers will stop making them but they are still going to be on the Road. 


 Is this what you meant to say Darryl?


 Dont know what youre talking about .....

Thanks !



__________________

Remember Fun,

 Remember Laughter ?



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 790
Date:

Canadian Poncho wrote:

I suspect there will still be gas stations but fewer numbers of pumps. Kind of like what the propane powered vehicle owners face now.


 And, no doubt the price will sky rocket! 



__________________

65 Custom Sport Convertible

Southern Alberta



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2484
Date:

It's already at orbital prices way out there in the dark hole :(

I don't think we'll see prices under a buck where it should be !!!



-- Edited by pontorquer on Sunday 25th of July 2021 10:43:19 AM

__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3303
Date:

I am just hoping we can still get what we need while we still have our cars.

__________________

Remember Fun,

 Remember Laughter ?



A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 20260
Date:

65Camino wrote:

I am just hoping we can still get what we need while we still have our cars.


 Don't worry ... we will be dust.



__________________

Prince Edward Island

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.



Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3303
Date:

True !

__________________

Remember Fun,

 Remember Laughter ?

MC


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6817
Date:

My guess is that gas will be around as long as there is a market for it, unless the government outlaws it completely some day.  Can't see that happening, though, as oil production is still a large part of our economy.

Probably what will happen is that the supply will decrease as demand decreases, and like Todd said, there will be fewer pumps around.

Maybe some day in the long distant future, gasoline powered vehicles will only be a hobby, much like horse riding and racing are today.  Perhaps at that point people will only be able to drive their gas powered vehicles on a track somewhere, or during special events like parades and tours.  Hard to say, but I agree that we will probably be dust by that time.



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 24414
Date:

Dust unless reincartation is real and then we'll have to deal with all these issues lol.

__________________

Todd
Site Founder

Like us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/CanadianPoncho

Canadian Poncho World Headquarters - Prince Edward Island

 



Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3303
Date:

Canadian Poncho wrote:

Dust unless reincartation is real and then we'll have to deal with all these issues lol.


 With all this entitlement and cancel culture among the young folk, no thanks !



__________________

Remember Fun,

 Remember Laughter ?

MC


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6817
Date:

65Camino wrote:
Canadian Poncho wrote:

Dust unless reincartation is real and then we'll have to deal with all these issues lol.


 With all this entitlement and cancel culture among the young folk, no thanks !


 Yeah... I've often said if I could come back as a young person today vs being my age and having had the experience of growing up when I did, I wouldn't take it.  Not only is much of the fun, freedom, and privacy gone, the "music" really sucks!  

I'm now starting to sound like a real old codger... get off my lawn!  wink



__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 20260
Date:

MC wrote

 Yeah... I've often said if I could come back as a young person today vs being my age and having had the experience of growing up when I did, I wouldn't take it.  Not only is much of the fun, freedom, and privacy gone, the "music" really sucks!  

I'm now starting to sound like a real old codger... get off my lawn!  wink


 Get out of the rocker and just buy an "old man car" already! biggrin



__________________

Prince Edward Island

'64 Parisienne CS "barn find" - last on the road in '86 ... Owner Protection Plan booklet, original paint, original near-mint aqua interior, original aqua GM floor mats, original 283, factory posi, and original rust.

MC


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 6817
Date:

Pontiacanada wrote:
MC wrote

 Yeah... I've often said if I could come back as a young person today vs being my age and having had the experience of growing up when I did, I wouldn't take it.  Not only is much of the fun, freedom, and privacy gone, the "music" really sucks!  

I'm now starting to sound like a real old codger... get off my lawn!  wink


 Get out of the rocker and just buy an "old man car" already! biggrin


 I already have 4 of them.  A "young man car" is a bicycle or bus these days.



__________________


Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 604
Date:

When the technology allows it, whats to stop someone from creating a conversion kit to migrate to electric. Electric crate motors if you will?

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 33
Date:

This is already being done, and it even looks (if you squint) like a V8

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/electric-gt-electric-crate-motor-conversion-classic-cars/



__________________

cheers Russell  

picture.php?albumid=3667&pictureid=67033

My 1957 Pontiac StarChief powered by a 5.3 LS with a 4L60E transmission, on 18" US Mags Big Slots.

Webmaster for the American Classic Car Club Auckland

Visit us at www.americanclassiccars.org.nz



Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 604
Date:

Cool. Ive gotta think a GM SB and BB should be the target for a shrink-wrap solution.

__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 24414
Date:

There is a crate motor that bolts in where a Chevy small or big block used to be. I think the motor runs about 12 grand and then another 10 for batteries. GM also teased a drop in electric motor at SEMA a couple of years ago.


__________________

Todd
Site Founder

Like us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/CanadianPoncho

Canadian Poncho World Headquarters - Prince Edward Island

 



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 2484
Date:

We need a time machine invention, I'd go back to 1969 in a hearthbeat !



__________________
Page 1 of 1  sorted by
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
<
.
.
.