Canadian Poncho 2023 Calendars are Now Available! CLICK HERE TO VISIT STORE!

 

 

Members Login
Username 
 
Password 
    Remember Me  
Post Info TOPIC: 1968 Beaumont restoration underway!


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:
1968 Beaumont restoration underway!


Joe is amazing at his craft. Will have the car in his shop over the next 5 months. In the meantime, I am going over the interior and deciding salvageable parts to reuse. Others ill probably post here for grabs.



Attachments
__________________


A Poncho Legend!

Status: Offline
Posts: 25679
Date:

Nice! We look forward to updates.


__________________

Todd
Site Founder

Like us on Facebook. http://www.facebook.com/CanadianPoncho

Canadian Poncho World Headquarters - Prince Edward Island

 



Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4441
Date:

It's going to be beautiful. Are you going with the original color, which I assume is butternut yellow?  



__________________

62 Catalina 2 dr post project

69 Parisienne 2 dr ht 427

55 Bel Air 2 dr post 265PP/PG

66 Caprice 2 dr ht 396

68 Impala SS427 convt project

68 Caprice 2 dr ht 396

68 Bel Air 2 dr post BB project

69 Kingswood Wagon 396

11 C63 AMG Mercedes sedan

22 Ram 1500 Sport



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:

Correct. Butternut Yellow, changing the vinyl top to white. Also changing interior from black to white headliner, pearl seating and door panels. Dash and console to remain black (as per recommendation on this site). We had to change it up a bit for sake of Florida sunshine and heat (its home when work is complete). Especially because this beast has no A/C.

interesting to note, this car came off the assembly line as green, then resent through for change to Butternut. But documentation is Butternut and black interior/roof. 



__________________


Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 395
Date:

Thats gonna be sharp! Cant wait to follow along,congrats

__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:

Thanks. Will add pics as progress is made. Money, time and TLC labour is what it needs. But I am not going to hold back for sake this car is special to me for several reasons- Not the least of which it is called a Beaumont! Would love to have it on the road next summer.



__________________


Canadian Poncho Superstar!

Status: Offline
Posts: 4441
Date:

1968 Beaumont SD 396 wrote:

Correct. Butternut Yellow, changing the vinyl top to white. Also changing interior from black to white headliner, pearl seating and door panels. Dash and console to remain black (as per recommendation on this site). We had to change it up a bit for sake of Florida sunshine and heat (its home when work is complete). Especially because this beast has no A/C.

interesting to note, this car came off the assembly line as green, then resent through for change to Butternut. But documentation is Butternut and black interior/roof. 


I had a 68 Impala from Alabama in the butternut yellow on pearl parchment and black interior, as you are planning for the Beaumont. It was way nicer than I was expecting it to be, given that I had not previously been a fan of yellow paint or white seats. This will look so cool when finished. 



__________________

62 Catalina 2 dr post project

69 Parisienne 2 dr ht 427

55 Bel Air 2 dr post 265PP/PG

66 Caprice 2 dr ht 396

68 Impala SS427 convt project

68 Caprice 2 dr ht 396

68 Bel Air 2 dr post BB project

69 Kingswood Wagon 396

11 C63 AMG Mercedes sedan

22 Ram 1500 Sport



Addicted!

Status: Offline
Posts: 362
Date:

Here is a pic of my 68SD I owned in the 80s. 
4BBD5AEF-5603-4318-AEBE-E57165F5EA24.jpeg
62963CBE-1F01-4103-B1E4-2C0A95C8452B.jpeg



Attachments
__________________


Uber Guru

Status: Offline
Posts: 3988
Date:

Lt1 Burb wrote:

Here is a pic of my 68SD I owned in the 80s. 
4BBD5AEF-5603-4318-AEBE-E57165F5EA24.jpeg
62963CBE-1F01-4103-B1E4-2C0A95C8452B.jpeg


 

Notice the complete molding set, a Holy Grail find.

There was a Grotto Blue w black v top '68 SD396 coupe by my school when I was in grade 7-8. During that time 75/76 the car lost the moldings and was sprayed in primer and driven around that way.

.

.

Butternut Yellow with white didn't sound that attractive to me, but then I saw a stunning '67 Impala SS convertible (6 cyl!) in that combo and I was sold. As long as the car is clean and straight, it really highlights the colour combo.



__________________

67 Chevelle Malibu Sport Coupe, Oshawa-built stocker 250 Powerglide 41,062 mile

Also in garage waiting: stroker 296 cid inline six & built TH350

Cameron Milne, Toronto.


I am a walking encyclopedia with numerous pages missing.



Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1823
Date:

1968 Beaumont SD 396 wrote:

Thanks. Will add pics as progress is made. Money, time and TLC labour is what it needs. But I am not going to hold back for sake this car is special to me for several reasons- Not the least of which it is called a Beaumont! Would love to have it on the road next summer.


 Have you considered Lizard Skin for the roof.  Sound deadening products along with heat reduction products.  

A local trim shop uses it quite a lot.  They did a prisoner van that was far too hot for transporting prisoners and got good results with Lizard Skin. 

https://lizardskin.com



__________________

Cliff

Done Hurryin

Like the larger type for my eyes. 

 

 



Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:

I notice that too. Ill have to resort to the white stencil stripes down the side. But the original pair of metal moulding running down the side would have been great.



__________________


Veteran Member

Status: Offline
Posts: 34
Date:

Thanks for the link Cliff. Ill pass it along to body tech and get his thoughts.



__________________


Poncho Master!

Status: Offline
Posts: 1823
Date:

I had the entire floor pan up to the firewall coated with the sound deadner.

Wanted to do the headliner but was told it was too much work to do just the headliner with both coatings as there was some minor rust issues and the car was a daily driver.

The primary reason to do the headliner was to determine if the mounting points were in the roof rail

so I could mount 3 point  belts.

Belts were installed.



__________________

Cliff

Done Hurryin

Like the larger type for my eyes. 

 

 

Page 1 of 1  sorted by
 
Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us
.
Support Canadian Poncho!
Select Amount:
<
.
.
.